Viewing 15 posts - 15,181 through 15,195 (of 39,921 total)
No good way, but one thing I've done is have a job store the current version in a table in each db. That way if I restore a db in...
September 22, 2011 at 3:41 pm
Gail means use a one way hash. So when someone enters a password, you store it like this:
insert SystemPasswords select 'Steve', pwdencrypt( 'MyPassword')
Then when someone logs into the system, you...
September 22, 2011 at 11:29 am
GilaMonster (9/22/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (9/22/2011)
Ugh, webinar done on DR this am. I hate these online things. No feedback from the audience makes me slightly insane.
I know the feeling....
September 22, 2011 at 11:21 am
Hmm, I might debug this by having the procedure run one of those steps and see if it works. It sounds almost like you have some delegation or impersonation issue,...
September 22, 2011 at 10:29 am
djackson 22568 (9/21/2011)
September 22, 2011 at 10:22 am
Ugh, webinar done on DR this am. I hate these online things. No feedback from the audience makes me slightly insane.
September 22, 2011 at 10:21 am
you've really got to format your errors and code and separate them out, as well as ask a question in a professional manner if you want help.
I think you have...
September 21, 2011 at 4:52 pm
djackson 22568 (9/21/2011)
And you want us to worry about things like whether a business is closed?
...
We are fighting against significant odds of success. I would love to see our...
September 21, 2011 at 4:15 pm
GSquared (9/21/2011)
September 21, 2011 at 4:12 pm
Just a note, in case you didn't see it, Jeff's interview is up: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Exceptional+DBA+Awards/75986/
September 21, 2011 at 2:30 pm
Here's one using SMO, which is what I think the GUI uses, though perhaps less efficiently.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/Maintenance+and+Management/30483/
It might appear to freeze the client, as SSMS might do, but if you have...
September 21, 2011 at 1:55 pm
I asked on Twitter and got this one: http://www.amazon.com/Dayworld-Trilogy-Philip-Jose-Farmer/dp/0399129677
Doesn't ring a bell with me.
September 21, 2011 at 1:49 pm
To add a little, both read the file and essentially index it, so they know where in the file object x is (which may be multiple places). That's the time...
September 21, 2011 at 1:35 pm
Jan Van der Eecken (9/20/2011)
September 21, 2011 at 1:33 pm
Jim Murphy (9/21/2011)
Is there going to be a Guidebook for The Summit or the party events, to help us schedule them and get around town?
Also, I'm renting a...
September 21, 2011 at 1:30 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 15,181 through 15,195 (of 39,921 total)