Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,591 through 1,605 (of 1,971 total)

  • RE: Manage By Delegation

    Mad Hacker, I appreciate the mention of the book on PowerShell you found useful. I should look it up. Often the PowerShell tips I see are how to...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: Manage By Delegation

    I've been interested in PowerShell for a while now. I try to read every PowerShell article that comes along, unless it is a very long article, because I want...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: Can I have one version of SSMS installed and another of SSMSE?

    My concern is with SSRS. Will installing SSMS for 2008 R2 Express change, in any way, our ability to work with SSRS for SQL Server 2005?

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: Potential

    I think potential still rules, at least with a significant number of companies. I knew a gal who I worked with some years ago, that was brilliant at school....

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: Is it possible to do database maintenance using an older version of SSMS?

    t.brown 89142 (10/9/2012)


    I tried this as I have SSMS 2005 and SSMS 2008 R2 installed on the same machine.

    opening SSMS 2005, I CAN connect to the 2008 R2 database.

    When I...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: Trade-offs

    I've heard that triangle put differently: time, cost and features. We're embarking on a major re-write of a legacy app. Before we started on this I had plans...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: A Quick Count

    No SQL Server t-shirts from any vendor or Microsoft. (I'm a developer first, and an accidental DBA second.)

    Several MSDN t-shirts (I've no idea how many) and a couple of...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: Creativity

    Good article, Steve, with a lot of interesting points. In my current job situation we're way too short staffed to be able to take much time off to do...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: How do I determine the full backup file's name?

    Thanks, Bob.

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: How do I determine the full backup file's name?

    Dang, that is sweet. I guess I'll have to develop some logic to filter on the largest media_set_id for the backups I'm interested in. Before I go too...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: Is UPDATE FROM only available in SQL 2005?

    WOW, good explanation, Celko! I hope that one day we'll be able to upgrade to SQL 2008 R2 or SQL 2012. Fortunately for me, this was an ad...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: Is UPDATE FROM only available in SQL 2005?

    GSquared (8/27/2012)


    UPDATE/DELETE FROM work in all versions of SQL Server that I've worked with, including SQL 2000, 2005, 2008, and 2012. MS isn't planning on removing them. If...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: Is UPDATE FROM only available in SQL 2005?

    Lynn Pettis (8/27/2012)


    Rod at work (8/27/2012)


    Oh, really? I got the impression, from the Connect article, that UPDATE FROM wasn't a part of the ANSI standard. That MERGE...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: Is UPDATE FROM only available in SQL 2005?

    Oh, really? I got the impression, from the Connect article, that UPDATE FROM wasn't a part of the ANSI standard. That MERGE was to be favored; and...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • RE: Fix v. Create

    For me, it is overwhelmingly in favor of "Fix".

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,591 through 1,605 (of 1,971 total)