Viewing 15 posts - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 1,971 total)
I've never heard of infinite games. What an interesting idea.
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
December 18, 2012 at 8:13 am
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (11/29/2012)
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
November 29, 2012 at 3:24 pm
Miles Neale (11/29/2012)
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
November 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm
Good admonition, Steve. I'm one who tends to give too much detail to managers. I do this for a variety of reasons, like thinking that I've got to prove to...
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
November 29, 2012 at 8:59 am
I should add, this does work with AD 2003, correct? Our servers are kind of old; we're running 2003 R2 AD.
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
November 19, 2012 at 1:13 pm
Thank you, Lowell, I've got to explore this. I've never worked with linked servers before, but I think this is worth checking out.
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
November 19, 2012 at 12:58 pm
Thank you very much, Gail and Steve. That's what I thought, but I figured it didn't hurt to double check.
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
November 16, 2012 at 12:52 pm
Well, Paul, that was it. I had only downloaded and installed Management Studio Express. Man, I feel so stupid. I'm sorry everyone, my bad.
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
November 2, 2012 at 10:30 am
Good question, Paul. I think I may have gotten the wrong download. I just checked and the name of the download is SQLManagementStudio_x86_ENU.exe, and it's about 156MB in...
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
November 2, 2012 at 9:22 am
I've run the installer again. It gets to the Feature Selection page, and there I'm stopped.

As you can (I hope) see, the features are all selected, and disabled. ...
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
November 1, 2012 at 10:06 am
Great, then I must have missed it. OK, so how do I now add a named instance?
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
October 31, 2012 at 2:15 pm
WOW, lots of great feedback here, thank you everyone!
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
October 31, 2012 at 8:22 am
1 production SQL Server instance; 4 production databases.
1 test SQL Server instance and the same 4 test databases.
I'm an accidental DBA; the only DBA we have here.
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
October 26, 2012 at 7:52 am
jasona.work (10/22/2012)
IE if you install...
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
October 23, 2012 at 8:14 am
I like what you've brought up, Steve, but I wonder how well it works in large environments? Where I work, after layoffs and people jumping ship, we're down to...
Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.
October 22, 2012 at 2:16 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1,576 through 1,590 (of 1,971 total)