Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,971 total)

  • Reply To: Even When You Know What You're Doing, You Can Screw Up

    Grant I know what you mean. And this article's message is a good one! But I wonder how far one can take this?

    For example, I am writing this on May...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Let's Talk Community Events!

    Pat, some of your suggestions are things I can try. Others are not. For example, the CISO blocks and removes applications like Slack and Discord. The moment anyone tries to...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Let's Talk Community Events!

    This is a very good discussion, but one which also causes me a lot of anger. I work for an agency which hasn't sent a DBA/Developer/SysAdmin to any conference in...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Barely Reviewed Code

    I completely agree with you, David!! Properly structuring repos is better than having a monorepo. In my opinion, developers who love monorepos aren't involved in having to write all those...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Barely Reviewed Code

    This is an excellent article, Steve. It reminded me of a similar issue that occurred at work 2 years ago. We were working on bringing a new application online, using...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Doing the Little Things

    I'm not a DBA, so initially I thought this editorial wouldn't apply to me. But I believe I am wrong. One of my jobs is being one of our GitHub...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Changing Data Types

    m60freeman wrote:

    I've seen this most often in Microsoft code-first projects where either no data modelling was done before development started, or no DBA reviewed the design before the first version...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Writing as an Art and a Job

    This is a fantastic article, Steve! I've got a lot of writers in my family. I've shared this with them. They loved it!

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Detecting Issues

    David.Poole wrote:

    The big problem for those who do a good job quietly is that they are invisible.  If you are invisible, are you valued?

    How do you increase your visibility without...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Microsoft Security Changes and SQL Server

    Networking is my weakest knowledge point. I know the basics, but that's it. But I am pretty sure that at work we use named pipes to connect to our SQL...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: When SQL Server Central Went Down

    Thank you, Steve, for sharing these memories with us. I've been a long-time reader, but I had no idea the issues you and the other co-founders of SQL Server Central...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Finding Motivation

    David, the concept of a mood journal is an interesting one. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Finding Motivation

    WOW Steve, that tweet (yeah, I don't know what to call posts to Twitter/X either) is startling. It appears to me to be nihilistic from someone who is young. Very...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Happy Holidays, Let's Do Nerdy Stuff

    Thank you, Grant. I really appreciate your feedback.

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

  • Reply To: Happy Holidays, Let's Do Nerdy Stuff

    Thank you, Grant, for sharing what you're working on. My project during my holiday break, isn't as ambitious as yours, but I'm glad I finished it. I started a Pluralsight...

    Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,971 total)