2013 Goals

• I having been planning this for the last three months , this year its going to be Hadoop and Mongo DB for me.

I would like to pick up Powershell too but its not so high on my list.

Jayanth Kurup[/url]

• My goals are to finish all the SQL books I've bought, I've one chapter left of Defensive Database Programming, A few misc chapters of internals, the 3 cert books and a few others.

After reading the cert books i want to finish the MCSE for 2012 this year so i can concentrate on everything that opc.three said.

• My goal for 2013 is to get the following certifications:

MCTS: (432) Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance

MCTS: (448) Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance

Wish me luck! 😛

---------------------------------------------------------

It takes a minimal capacity for rational thought to see that the corporate 'free press' is a structurally irrational and biased, and extremely violent, system of elite propaganda.
    David Edwards - Media lens[/url]

Society has varying and conflicting interests; what is called objectivity is the disguise of one of these interests - that of neutrality. But neutrality is a fiction in an unneutral world. There are victims, there are executioners, and there are bystanders... and the 'objectivity' of the bystander calls for inaction while other heads fall.
    Howard Zinn

• Ian Massi (12/28/2012)

My goal is to get my coworker trained up to handle more of the admin stuff on SQL Server. He's already a great developer on the platform but having someone available to fill in for me when I'm on vacation or just otherwise occupied will make us a more productive team. We started on this back in November and since I'm taking vacation early in the new year, it should help show us where we need to concentrate.

Heck, just this morning I was going to modify a replication process and then thought, "Hold on, I'll get him to do this when he's back from vacation next week."

How do you get a co-worker to come up to speed (at least at your own level, if not higher), when they don't want to bother making the effort and there's only the 2 of you?

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• Rod at work (1/2/2013)

How do you get a co-worker to come up to speed (at least at your own level, if not higher), when they don't want to bother making the effort and there's only the 2 of you?

Quit or take a *LONG* vacation and "accidentally" let your cell battery go flat and forget your charger / drop your cell in the pool / run over your cell with your car / forget your cell at the office on your desk...

Seriously though, that falls into the old "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" sort of thing. Sadly, I feel the same way about most of the people I work with, they don't want to take the time to learn, they want the answers handed to them on a platter. Many a time I've simply Googled the exact problem they've come to me with, and clicked the link for the answer, with them standing next to me.

Jason

• Carry on contracting and since I got the MCITP 2008 DBA, I may go for 70-433 to brush up on my dev skills. None of my clients have 2012 running in anger so may leave those exams until 2014. Nice playing with it so though, on my VM's.

Interesting point on 2010 Sharepoint, may have to have a look at that.

qh

[font="Tahoma"]Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung.[/font]

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply