Viewing 15 posts - 8,521 through 8,535 (of 59,098 total)
Well... it's partially there. Lot's of posts I'd saved are missing from my briefcase so still not trusting it anymore.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 9:43 pm
Well, lookie there... I've not checked my briefcase since I first discovered that everything was missing. It would appear that they fixed it somewhere along the lines. I agree that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 9:36 pm
I know it doesn't help but the new site killed everything that I had in my old brief case. I've given up saving anything I want to keep.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 9:34 pm
Thanks for the great feedback and the very kind words, Phil. Good to know this stuff from someone using it. I've not had the opportunity to even dip my toe...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 7:40 pm
I only buy new hardware every 8 years or so. When I do, I tend to go with something that's going to last quite a while. This time, it wasn't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 7:23 pm
Thanks, Phil. I really appreciate your feedback on these types of things.
As a bit of a side bar, how do you like that new Azure ETL tool? Does it have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 3:53 pm
Plus to all the "TSQL Only" experts here:
Care to know out of your head how to do something like this(see attachment)? Because I don't and it's a quick way...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 3:47 pm
@Phil...
As you know, I'm not a great study of SSIS or Azure and so I have to ask... for something like this (consistent use of delimiters and text qualifiers), it's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 1:51 am
Azure Blob Source does not supports multiple-character delimiter.
Nit-picking a little, but the delimiter is only a single comma. The double quotes are text qualifiers.
Now I don't feel so bad...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 1:47 am
Have you checked to see if you actually do have an open transaction on the database? And, yeah... I agree with Steve T in his suggestion. I've not had to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 1:31 am
While you're at it, don't forget to store a date with the age so that you can estimate the actual age in the future. You might want to consider further...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 1:21 am
Over the years as both a Database Developer and DBA, I've found SSIS to be a good tool. As others have said, not necessarily the best tool, but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 1:02 am
London would be interesting. The SuperBowl is such an event and exepnsive. Likely not much more cost in London than LA for attendees.
Long as they don't change the time,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 12:49 am
dang i missed that part.
that literally says bring it into someplace where you can use a flat file connection manager, since it is not supported yet.
sorry:
Azure Blob Source does...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2019 at 12:40 am
Just use an outer join to the Products table.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 22, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,521 through 8,535 (of 59,098 total)