Viewing 15 posts - 8,506 through 8,520 (of 59,098 total)
P.S. I also strongly agree with Scott... there's no way that I'd rely on DateFirst settings never mind actually change them.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2019 at 8:36 pm
I see your description and your code but I still can't figure out what you're trying to do. Are you simply trying to show what the Thursday week...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2019 at 8:31 pm
pass.org says the London group can be found at:
meetup group at:
https://www.meetup.com/Microsoft-Data-London/
you may have better luck there.
PASS is the Professional Association of SQL Server, and has lots of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2019 at 8:25 pm
I'm trying to compare weeks based on the start date of the given week being a thursday. Meaning the week count should count the number of weeks based on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Jeff,
Wow! I think this will work.
This is a OpenText software document. Rows will be added randomly, not fix.
I will check total rows and let you know.
I need to count...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2019 at 11:43 am
Instead of guessing, why not just do a test?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2019 at 1:45 am
It is nice when you open up an SSIS package and you have 10-15 well-named steps total in it. Easy to figure out what is going on; easy to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 24, 2019 at 8:42 pm
Why not ask the people that made the tool?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 24, 2019 at 2:40 pm
So Kind of Hierarchic is like as shown in image (It's not still perfect)
Two questions...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 24, 2019 at 2:28 pm
To be clear, you don't mean comments in the actual code itself... you mean comments in a "comment" column in the table itself, yes?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 24, 2019 at 2:25 pm
in each database you can set the parameterisation options (right click on the database, go to properties and go to options)
obviously stored procs with nice parameters would be the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 24, 2019 at 2:06 pm
EDIT: I also wanted to mention that having a full size keyboard with a seperate number pad makes such a huge diffierence in comfort and convenience.
Totally agreed, there. That's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 24, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Jeff,
I bought my Alienware 17 back in 2014, and lately (past 2 months) it's gotten a little unstable, I think it's time for a hardware refresh but up until...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 24, 2019 at 1:40 pm
just out of interest.... does anyone miss having a dvd drive in their laptop?
I'm travelling now, and I have a Netflix subscription, but no signal - I used to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 24, 2019 at 1:34 pm
You'll actually get better overall performance if you define the clustered index on the empty table and then populate it with proper minimal logging techniques. You'll save a wad of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 24, 2019 at 3:23 am
Viewing 15 posts - 8,506 through 8,520 (of 59,098 total)