Viewing 15 posts - 8,491 through 8,505 (of 59,098 total)
So, just out of curiosity, what did you end up doing here?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2019 at 4:46 pm
This is why we should comment our source code and version control checkins - so those who follow us can better understand why we did things the way...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2019 at 2:17 pm
P.S. I also strongly agree with Scott... there's no way that I'd rely on DateFirst settings never mind actually change them.
What is wrong with using DATEFIRST?
Why the strong...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2019 at 2:03 pm
Hi Thom, How to approach such people issues. This is been like a habbit for the dev team to send out email to dba team to tune as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2019 at 1:04 pm
How often do you add documents/nodes to this hierarchy?
According to the OP there are approximately 25k rows in the table. If this represents 5 years of activity,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 27, 2019 at 10:14 pm
Jeff,
I am completely agreed with you but this is a OPENTEXT application software so table design we don't have any control.
Honestly, I don't know how frequently we are adding...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 27, 2019 at 10:08 pm
The problem is the code that is "overly" using TempDB; you can't make TempDB use less space. Those that wrote the query need to fix it; if it's using...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 27, 2019 at 10:07 pm
question for the experts replying here, would "optimize for ad hoc workloads" help in these cases, or would it be a bad idea? I know its a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2019 at 11:34 pm
I like this article a whole lot. Thanks for taking the time to write and publish it, Grant.
One of the things in the article is something that a whole lot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2019 at 6:08 pm
Lordy... I'll never understand why people nest the extended structure of the hierarchy in the parent and child IDs. Just imagine the fur that will fly if you ever need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2019 at 4:32 pm
To clarify what I said about index maintenance... it's not so much the fact that index maintenance is being done, although doing index maintenance in the FULL Recovery Model is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2019 at 4:12 pm
I know - I sound like I'm crazy, but it's real life. Execution plans are identical- with comments and without. You have right - comments should be ignored, but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2019 at 3:05 pm
I'll give it a go... It's still new to me, but I love learning.
ive only just finished my last article and I'm at SQL in the summit being interviewed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2019 at 2:40 pm
question for the experts replying here, would "optimize for ad hoc workloads" help in these cases, or would it be a bad idea? I know its a fairly big...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2019 at 2:38 pm
Yes but only if you did a full backup somewhere along the line and have been doing T-Log Backups on a regular basis since then.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,491 through 8,505 (of 59,098 total)