Viewing 15 posts - 8,461 through 8,475 (of 59,098 total)
I guess I don't understand why anyone would write software based on the knowledge of novices. If it's important for a novice to be able to maintain something a bit...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2019 at 5:38 am
Eirikur Eiriksson, sorry to hear about your crystall ball. I hope it cristallizes again. Perhaps with the hourglass bbq of Steve.
This is how it looks like, kind...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 31, 2019 at 7:47 pm
by the way - has anyone twigged that permission management for SSIS is a pile of garbage?
Not in that vein but I have said that it's an unnecessary expansion...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 31, 2019 at 7:42 pm
If I can ever get SSIS to work, I'm hoping to start using it, I used to love bcp, other forms of bulk loads etc, but our systems got...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 31, 2019 at 2:11 pm
SSIS is not as bad as people make out, purely because people don't know how to use it. I think DTS was better (but im an old guy) -
Spot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 31, 2019 at 1:44 pm
I once told a friend, I aim to please... I sometimes miss but I'm always aiming. I'm humbled by your comment. Thank you for the very kind feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 31, 2019 at 1:19 am
This should not be a problem at the database tier in your tiered architecture. Do this in the input, before it even gets near the tables. You'll find ETL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 6:54 pm
Or re-create the index so that it allows multiple NULLs but no other dups.
Apparently, the morning coffee hasn't kicked in for me yet today... what would the CREATE INDEX...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 5:47 pm
What is the datatype of the original data you want to convert?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 5:39 pm
Haha Jeff. I do spend a lot more time than I would like writing managed code. But this is the same third party vendor's code who has this as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 5:34 pm
Oh yah. Had this. Only to be told by the Lead Developer that its a 'best practice' and that 'I wouldn't understand'
So, I made my case and then let...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 4:02 pm
best of luck - if you have the chance, try both methods, ignore us all and go with the one that best suits you
Ditto dat!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 3:49 pm
Before and after backup log, can you run this command and post the result here?
dbcc sqlperf(logspace)
this command could return the physical and logical size of actual log. Sometime, the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Oh boy how I love vendor code. I am not exaggerating to say I just saw this.
try
{
OneLineOfCode;
try
{
AnotherLineOfCode;
try
{
ThirdLineOfCode;
}
catch(Exception ex) {}
}
catch(Exception ex) {}
}
catch(Exception ex) {}
It is bad enough...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 5:50 am
Thanks for the detailed information, Greg.
First, if the log file is getting too big for you on the database in question and it's only taking 20-30 minutes in the FULL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 5:37 am
Viewing 15 posts - 8,461 through 8,475 (of 59,098 total)