Viewing 15 posts - 8,476 through 8,490 (of 59,098 total)
To be honest, I doubt that the stat you dropped had anything to do with the problem. I think that you may have just had a bad plan cached and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 5:11 am
One takeaway I had from your post is that you use tables in another DB and reference them in the main DB via synonym. We have a web server...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 1:12 am
I like @"Jeff Moden"'s Rule 2:
another auditable process we rigidly follow is that NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO DEPLOY THEIR OWN CODE TO PRODUCTION
I used to hate having...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2019 at 12:47 am
Yes sir, credit to you, Thunderball it is. I mis-remembered the name.
I like the early James Bond movies, although I haven't seen this one for quite a while.
Heh... "Thunderbird"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2019 at 12:23 pm
Just my 2 cents...
I've always done updates the way you've posted. As some have said, it's saved my keester more than once.
I also hammer (in a mentor/nice way) the method...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2019 at 12:10 pm
@greg...
You say it took 1.5 hours to rebuild the DATABASE. How many GB does the database contain and was that to REBUILD all of the indexes on all of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2019 at 2:27 am
Thanks just want to make sure what if index is created in a file group can we restore that only?
Even if we could, restoring an index will not defrag...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2019 at 12:52 am
What I've read here and what I'm seeing in my system, it's definitely the weekly index defrag that is the culprit. I have been using the Hallengren reindex script...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2019 at 12:24 am
Its ALWAYS the dba's fault - we just get used to it 🙂
Heh... not me... and they know better than to try... especially if they want help with the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2019 at 12:08 am
I'm not too worried about having some data latency because this will be a bulk overnight job that only runs once at night. I just need to to be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2019 at 11:25 pm
That stat has been gathered in survey's we've contracted out for from Redgate Software. Each year we hire professional surveyers to contact database people across a wide range of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2019 at 11:17 pm
Someone should do a survey that asks if anyone has actually been successful in using this DMV to actually find and fix performance issues or if they use other methods...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2019 at 6:09 pm
Getting back to the original replies on this thread, which more than adequately expressed the right idea which I'll strongly second, this exercise is a total waste of time and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2019 at 5:23 pm
To answer the first question... NO.
To answer the implied question of how to make this faster, we need some more data. We need to know ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2019 at 5:18 pm
To ask the direct question that MVDBA implied, how much data latency delay is allowed?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2019 at 5:04 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,476 through 8,490 (of 59,098 total)