Viewing 15 posts - 8,446 through 8,460 (of 59,098 total)
Could it be something in the firewall between the zones? Maybe a max connection time? Or perhaps, for some reason, it's seeing the connection as idle and dropping it?
Sorry...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2019 at 4:47 pm
Awesome Jeff Moden...but not enough ....I did not know I could post here and also expect an answer and then give it back to the interviewer all at...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2019 at 4:08 pm
p.s. Also, remember that the answer is always "No" unless you ask. If you don't have an "IN" with the infrastructure team or the people holding the purse, also remember...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2019 at 3:39 pm
The best thing we ever invested in is Our DR test server - regular automated restore tests and also re-usable as a data playpen - i'm hoping to get...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2019 at 3:37 pm
Table triggers will kill your performance and are generally frowned upon. If your database is small and your users are few it won't matter, but this isn't a scalable...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2019 at 3:01 pm
Awesome Jeff Moden...but not enough ....I did not know I could post here and also expect an answer and then give it back to the interviewer all at the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2019 at 2:44 pm
My apologies. I normally don't associate the term "ETL" with moving data between databases even when one may be a source and another is a data warehouse. I normally associate...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2019 at 3:10 am
Thank you for the response. So basically I can create a .NET application to provide additional functionality, but reading headers and splitting as you’ve suggested . Then I can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2019 at 2:02 am
Let's do the math here... you say "100's of servers". If each server only had 4 core, and "100's of servers" meant at least 200, that would be 800 core. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2019 at 1:51 am
So read the header row from your data, split it, and compare it to your table columns. If they're not named the same, then you'll need a mapping table to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2019 at 1:36 am
The cool part about threads like this is that no one is actually incorrect. There are pros and cons on both sides and it might even be appropriate to use...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2019 at 7:12 pm
Absolutely and all fair points, but until SQL Server finally supports the "occurence" argument as Oracle has for a while in its INSTR function, I'll use this as a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2019 at 7:07 pm
I agree with Grant and Mike. I would especially agree with Grant about troubleshooting code being part of the tasks of the DBA of the future but that is and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2019 at 6:58 pm
I don't share your optimism nor point of view here, Steve. We've seen MS remove functionality from SSMS with absolutely no warning. We seen MS publish cumulative updates that that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2019 at 1:20 am
This reminds me of a certain well known personality that denounces the use of engine-proprietary functionality because someone somewhere someday may have to use the code in another RDBMS and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2019 at 6:45 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,446 through 8,460 (of 59,098 total)