Viewing 15 posts - 8,341 through 8,355 (of 59,098 total)
I have to ask... what are you pasting the code from?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 20, 2019 at 2:50 am
I do have a way to avoid that problem that will blow the doors off of most other methods for calculating running totals but it does take a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 20, 2019 at 2:48 am
I'm 7 years late but that last bit of sample code is referencing a non-existent field SomeVal instead of RowNum created in the table just prior 🙂
Heh... and I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 7:45 pm
Jonathan, Drew and ZZartin,
Wow, that was fast!
Thank you very much. The 2nd method provides me with what I need.
Phil...
Be careful here. It looks to me that the CROSS APPLY...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 7:31 pm
Just remember that the YYYY-MM-DD formats aren't actually followed as ISO in SQL Server even though it is a valid ISO format. For example, if you set the language =...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 7:20 pm
Thanks Scott. Will look into this.
J.
If you used a synonym instead of a view, it would be even easier because you could read what it was pointing at from...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 7:17 pm
Awesome! I think you're the first person I've talked to that's actually using it for something that I think it's useful for. As soon as you said that you work...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Heh... I just let the alerts fly... it's a great monthly test/confirmation for the alerts and the jobs that some of them run. The auditors love it because it shows...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 2:45 pm
You allow an app to write files to your SQL Server? I don't allow that. It have people write their files to a different box and then give SQL Server...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 2:39 pm
I've been highly inactive for like a year it seems, but here is my input.
I am still 100% invested in Azure Data Warehouse and Azure Data Lake Store with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 2:33 pm
Uh... I just noticed... the first script doesn't even report sizes... so I'm confused as to what you found the problem to actually be.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Just to confirm... Are you saying that the first script reported 155GB and that was what was incorrect?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 2:23 pm
So, just to be sure, you're not going to use the code in the "All seems to be working now" post above?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 2:15 pm
I've developed SQL backed Access front end databases that work with 40 odd users that have been going for many, many years and perform their function very reliably. It's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 1:20 pm
For small operations, that is, fewer than 5 people using it concurrently, Access (or FileMaker Pro) is excellent. It's relatively cheap and easy for someone with some experience to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 19, 2019 at 1:13 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,341 through 8,355 (of 59,098 total)