Viewing 15 posts - 7,741 through 7,755 (of 59,098 total)
Brian,
Here's what my morning report looks like. It only reports missing servers, disks that have 10% or less free space, or disks that have the "IsDirty" bit (indicates that a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2020 at 6:36 pm
Ah... and I forgot to mention that, in the process, it tests for connectivity and, if it fails that, it also does a ping test and reports on both along...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2020 at 2:35 pm
Ok. Thanks, Thom.
Now, if the OP would get back to his post and answer my question about disk status, I might be able to help a bit more. I have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2020 at 2:30 pm
Jeff Moden wrote:What would you use to run the PowerShell script on a scheduled basis? Please don't say the "Windows Task Scheduler".
SQL Server Agent can run Powershell tasks natively.
Can you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2020 at 2:17 pm
What would you use to run the PowerShell script on a scheduled basis? Please don't say the "Windows Task Scheduler".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2020 at 2:01 pm
Mmmmm... Not digging that answer, but I'm not stupid enough to start an argument with Kendra.
Roger that!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2020 at 5:03 am
Team
I have populated list of ServerName from the sql server query. I would like to add a column stating 'Ping Status' > The result should be reachable or not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2020 at 3:15 am
Hi All ,
I need to troubleshoot high CPU usage in a dedicated SQL server (>90%) .
Please advice on how I start ?
Appreciate your feedback
Hi All ,
I need to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2020 at 3:09 am
Personally, I wouldn't do this from within SQL Server. Instead, I'd set up a PowerShell script to make all the connections. It can still save it all back to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2020 at 1:23 am
I agree. Normally, in an article like that, the author would pose the questions and maybe format them as bullet points because that makes them stick out... then later...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2020 at 12:24 am
To Grant's point, if you're going to REORGANIZE at 50 and REBUILD at 80, I wouldn't even bother with index maintenance. Not that I would recommend it for everyone but,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2020 at 3:54 pm
Thank you Erland, I see only one post from Lynn, but I did receive three notification emails about her posts.
A common mistake... "Lynn" is a crusty ol' dude that's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 9:57 pm
Maybe it's time for a new version of DVD-RW about the size of the old LP records, and a drive the size of a turntable. You could get lots...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 9:39 pm
Thanks John and Jeff for your input,
I do see the difference between using SQL Server Agent and a proxy -- I created a simple script that simply changes the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 9:31 pm
John
That's not (just) updating statistics - it's index maintenance. When you rebuild an index, you should plan to have at least the same amount of free space...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 9:29 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,741 through 7,755 (of 59,098 total)