Viewing 15 posts - 7,726 through 7,740 (of 59,098 total)
Thanks! Another question on same scenario, since Node1(Primary), Node2( secondary HA) and Node4(Secondary Reporting) are in the same location and Node3(Secondary Asynch DR) is in the DR location. Let's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2020 at 1:52 pm
This is fairly easy to do but is doomed to failure because none of the columns can be used to preserve the order of the rows. There needs to be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2020 at 1:31 pm
Heh... I definitely blew that one then. I didn't look at the OPs code closely enough to realize that you had provided a copy of the same code. I was...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2020 at 12:09 am
Jeff, Here is the data in a consumable format. I couldn't work out from the question exactly what's wanted so I'll leave it to someone else.
Except for a little...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 22, 2020 at 8:53 pm
Since you're using SQL Server 2016, this can probably be easily accomplished with LEAD/LAG. Help us help you... post the content of the tmpDeal01 table in a readily consumable format. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 22, 2020 at 6:57 pm
Simply stated, I know of no way to create a dynamic pivot/crosstab without dynamic SQL and I know of no way to execute dynamic SQL without the use of EXEC.
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 22, 2020 at 2:36 pm
Nice post and perfectly described but could you write the code without test data to know if you wrote the code correctly? Neither can we. 😉 Take the data you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 22, 2020 at 2:27 pm
For a direct, single table update, the alias shouldn't be needed.
Correct... it shouldn't be. But sometimes and in a most unpredictable fashion, it works out better.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2020 at 9:43 pm
I know that it won't seem like it should make any difference but try the following and see if it does...
UPDATE tt
set SQL_DETAIL='SELECT ROWID_OBJECT, HUB_STATE_IND, MDM_ID, SEQ_NM, MSP_END_CUST_NM,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2020 at 4:32 pm
You say it should scale to 1PB and so this sounds like some hardware that's pretty important to the company. And, it sounds like you have something to do with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2020 at 1:23 pm
IIRC, they'll actually show up in sp_Who2
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2020 at 1:11 pm
Sorry... I missed that last post. Interesting idea. I'll have to test it against the million node adjacency list.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2020 at 6:02 pm
I know that it won't seem like it should make any difference but try the following and see if it does...
UPDATE tt
set SQL_DETAIL='SELECT ROWID_OBJECT, HUB_STATE_IND, MDM_ID, SEQ_NM, MSP_END_CUST_NM, SEQ_TYP_CD, OST_NM,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2020 at 3:22 pm
Great article by Mr. Ferris, Grant. And great observations (I don't want to call it "advice" because I think that wouldn't be in the same good spirit it was offered)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2020 at 3:03 pm
I have never changed the fill factor on an instance or index level, so it will be using the default of 100% (or 0%), unless the database/indexes are setup...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 20, 2020 at 2:30 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,726 through 7,740 (of 59,098 total)