Viewing 15 posts - 7,756 through 7,770 (of 59,098 total)
I used sp_spaceused to find size of index and it is 40 GB and free space on the DB is around 19 GB.
Will adding additional 40 GB or more...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 4:37 pm
That's not (just) updating statistics - it's index maintenance. When you rebuild an index, you should plan to have at least the same amount of free space in your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 4:29 pm
NUMERIC(18,0) for an Age column.
Jeff???? really - you have an age column? whoever did that needs a beating - even as a 16 year old (a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Oh wait Jeff you changed it. Ok cool
Yeah... my bad. I've only got 2 cups of coffee under my belt and totally misread the code.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 3:39 pm
When you ran the code, it was probably from your desktop, which probably has a copy of Office on it (at least Excel). When the job runs, it runs as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 3:33 pm
Never mind. Misread something.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 3:08 pm
Getting back to your original post above, stop trying to return stuff to the operating system by shrinking TempDB. It's not returning anything because, presumably and based on the fact...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 3:05 pm
I think it's funny... way back when a 1GB disk was the "ultimate", people filled them up. Now we have easy access to inexpensive disks that measure in TeraBytes and,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 2:49 pm
Speaking of automated testing, you should write a followup article about who tests the automated test software? I can't speak for anyone else but we've had the occasional "whoops" occur...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 2:42 pm
NUMERIC(18,0) for an Age column.
Jeff???? really - you have an age column? whoever did that needs a beating - even as a 16 year old (a long time...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2020 at 2:32 pm
First, to be sure, I'm not taking a shot at anyone for whatever methodology they use... I'm just talking about what we did in the various places I've worked and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2020 at 4:54 pm
To Frederico's point, here's my entry on the post he provided a link to above...
Just my entry on this post…
When I first laid eyes on the servers at where I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2020 at 2:49 pm
Sorry to jeff, but i'm going to make light of the split functionality, it ends up in a function that goes RBAR - Use a TVP instead
again...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2020 at 12:23 am
Yep... I got that. It's not a problem if you know about it. I just wanted to be sure that people knew about it. Perhaps stripping the time would eliminate...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2020 at 4:17 am
Jeff, it sounds like the OP has a permanent table Customers, and Info is a staging table that has updates & corrections.
Understood. The OP said as much in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2020 at 2:57 am
Viewing 15 posts - 7,756 through 7,770 (of 59,098 total)