Viewing 15 posts - 7,636 through 7,650 (of 59,098 total)
sorry image did not come across as planned, I missed an obvious on the key lookup that actual rows millions of rows more than estimated. The even uglier part...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2020 at 4:47 pm
I seem to be in the minority here as when I was a jobbing developer I insisted that all of the necessary SQL code was encapsulated in Stored Procs. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2020 at 4:22 pm
Shifiting gears a bit, I almost blew a chicken bone out of my nose on the final sentence of the following post. WallyWizard for President! 😀
https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/what-type-of-join-is-this#post-3731678
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2020 at 2:29 am
The trace flag can be set at the session level (add 1 line of code at the beginning of the proc). I wouldn't set this at the server level because...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 3:47 pm
he finding was that there was an audit trail function that was enable and contributing to datbase growth.
How'd you figure that out and what was the "audit trail function"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 3:28 pm
MVDBA (Mike Vessey) wrote:you can't be 2 of the dwarfs at the same time
I bet Jeff owns an overcoat, that might work.
Hmmmm.... hadn't thought of that. I normally wear one to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 3:26 pm
That's some bad code there Mike. I've seen some similar, but add a couple UNION statements and all with in an SSRS report. Talk about slow...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 3:20 pm
you can't be 2 of the dwarfs at the same time
BWAAA-HAAA!!!! Who said anything about "BE"? I'm knocking them off and hanging them on the fireplace. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 3:15 pm
Thanks frederico_fonseca and Jeff Moden for the extensive feedback.
I'm transfering 160 million rows of oracle 11g number (19,0) not null to sql server numeric(19,0) not null
Using SQL 2017 Enterprise...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 3:04 pm
I'm dealing with a crappy proc, and a crappy design, right now.
The devs did the "Code first" design. In other words, the ORM designed the database for them.
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 2:58 pm
@aveek22 ,
Man, once again, very well written article. I just have to seriously disagree with the methods you used. Please see my previous post above for why.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 2:26 pm
Wondering why you are not using the EOMONTH function for the last day of the relevant months?
For what was written as code in the article, I'm wondering the same...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 2:17 pm
How much memory do you have allocated to SQL Server and how big is the transfer in bytes? I ask because I've seen this before and it was simply due...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 3:11 am
What's the MAXDOP setting for the server? And what's the Cost Threshold of Parallelism set to?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 3:05 am
Enquiring minds want to know... what did you find out?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2020 at 3:01 am
Viewing 15 posts - 7,636 through 7,650 (of 59,098 total)