Viewing 15 posts - 7,621 through 7,635 (of 59,098 total)
Don't get me wrong. I totally agree with you on big stuff about pencil and paper not being the way to go. My point was meant to be that no...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2020 at 2:04 pm
Thank you for the response, but need explanation for this problem / solution.
CPU looked ok on the VM ( ~ 30% ) . but view was opening ok till...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 8, 2020 at 3:53 pm
p.s. With regard to the original question of...
I'm doing development on large SCD2 tables (100M+ rows). When I've fixed bugs and it's time to re-run, I need to restore the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 8, 2020 at 3:50 pm
Correct. But, be really careful about killing SPIDs... kill the wrong one and your server server could serve as a boat anchor for hours. You should also plan on finding...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 8, 2020 at 2:45 pm
I can't help you with your Visual Studio problem because I don't use it. I can tell you, though, that your formula for age in years is incorrect simply because...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 7, 2020 at 3:45 pm
... but I am wondering if I can apply the filegroup backup from one database to another, specifically restoring only a particular filegroup of the database...
To the best of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 7, 2020 at 3:15 pm
Thanks for the feedback, Greg. I totally agree... this site has been a staple of knowledge for me, as well. I don't believe that I'd have been able to do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 7, 2020 at 3:04 pm
I guess my only exception to what Rick stated above is that business logic is frequently better done on the database side of the house. FKs, Defaults, Checks, and a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 7, 2020 at 2:41 pm
Same problem, but someone with a completely different perspective came up with very different solution. Maybe part of it was I was a database guy, and only had to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 7, 2020 at 1:46 pm
They are not even Excel jockeys. One of them has a LAW degree. she just passed her bar exam and is not going into law. The rest...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 7, 2020 at 2:02 am
Cache is also temporary... very temporary. Dropping procs based on what is in cache is a sure fire way to need to resurrect your resume and sharpen it up. Seriously......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 7, 2020 at 1:53 am
This is not a trivial task and great care must be taken in any such consideration because some of it is incredibly difficult to reverse if it just doesn't happen...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 7, 2020 at 1:37 am
Very close to what Michael John posted, the most import tool of them all is... you brain. It totally doesn't matter what tools y0u use, whether or not you succeed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 7, 2020 at 1:26 am
The following is going to be an major problem for 100 million rows...
SET IDENTITY_INSERT new.RLDX_ARCHIVE ON
INSERT INTO new.RLDX_ARCHIVE
There's a known issue with SET IDENTITY_INSERT ON... it forces...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 7, 2020 at 1:09 am
They are not even Excel jockeys. One of them has a LAW degree. she just passed her bar exam and is not going into law. The rest have psychology...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2020 at 7:54 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,621 through 7,635 (of 59,098 total)