Viewing 15 posts - 7,591 through 7,605 (of 59,098 total)
Ah... thanks. I totally missed the link.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 12, 2020 at 1:24 am
Thanks folks. Still looking to find out if AWS RDS will support the Developers Edition or not. I'd look for myself but I don't yet have access.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2020 at 11:16 pm
Just a quick comment re. DateAdd. I just got myself into trouble with a DateAdd function that was adding 1 year to 2/28/2019. The application was working with budgets...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2020 at 11:14 pm
Shifting gears a bit... does AWS RDS support the Developers Edition of SQL Server? Also, any idea if they support 2019 yet?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2020 at 7:26 pm
Ah... and in the absence of a more defining problem, given a year number, create one file per ISO week that contains all columns of each row in the week...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2020 at 2:52 pm
One of you folks that knows how to use SSIS should write an article on this... it would be a popular one because a lot of people need to do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2020 at 2:30 pm
We have template Python projects so that the start of any Python development has a big head start
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2020 at 12:21 pm
This is even more challenging in medical. If you are a blood lab and run a panel of tests, some of them greatly depend on the birth sex...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2020 at 1:03 am
Found the problem.... *sigh*
Our infrastructure team spun up a copy of our production environment, but forgot to update the firewall to prevent it from communicating outside itself. So it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2020 at 6:59 pm
Did 'he' say whether this is a one-off requirement, or something which will need to run periodically?
I can't help in SSIS but I try to code "one-offs" such as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2020 at 6:57 pm
A bit of a sidebar... I cannot agree with changing the ISO spec. People who make the change all want to be identified by the gender they've chosen and the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2020 at 6:51 pm
The XQuery is slow while executing in SSMS for first time.I am using SQL Server 2008 R2.
Heh... I know... big surprise there, right? 😀
The total time taken for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2020 at 6:33 pm
Thanks Sue.
Yes Jeff, the same I have asked our management, they want all in zero cost. We are small 3 person team.
Heh... you're also a 150+ server team. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2020 at 6:01 pm
It's the insert and update that are locking the table.
You can ignore these locks by using the nolock hint:
select count(*)
from mytable with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2020 at 5:58 pm
Ok... "Basic Sets". Let's do that. I don't have time just now to write the full solution (on my way to work, which also means that it's not fully tested)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2020 at 2:48 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,591 through 7,605 (of 59,098 total)