Viewing 15 posts - 7,576 through 7,590 (of 59,098 total)
Simple recovery model. Approx 15 million rows. Unless bulk-logged is faster than simple?
Simple and Bulk Logged are the same for this type of thing. You didn't answer the rest...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 14, 2020 at 12:00 am
Thanks! I ran some tests first with clustered index in-place and second with clustered index dropped, load the data and add the clustered index back . Noticed second one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 13, 2020 at 11:16 pm
Jeff Moden wrote:Heh... Hi! My name is Jeff. Grant has a problem with SQL Profiler and I can't fix Grant! 😀 😀 😀
HA!
And why you want to?
I'll give you a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 13, 2020 at 10:28 pm
Aye. And I'd also like to see them fix the actual code for the ordinal. All they need to do is change one bloody word in the code...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 13, 2020 at 3:12 pm
Heh... Hi! My name is Jeff. Grant has a problem with SQL Profiler and I can't fix Grant! 😀 😀 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 13, 2020 at 3:11 pm
Hold the phone a minute... if this worked on a different instance, you have to ask yourself what changed when you copied it to the new instance if it doesn't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 13, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Aye. And I'd also like to see them fix the actual code for the ordinal. All they need to do is change one bloody word in the code and update...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 13, 2020 at 2:46 pm
We're spinning our wheels because we don't know enough about your code or the underlying tables. You even have an error in the FROM clause of the code in your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 12, 2020 at 11:36 pm
I wonder if this is based a bit on old pre-2005 wives' tales that possibly used to be true and a bit on the 5 Monkeys Syndrome or maybe on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 12, 2020 at 11:08 pm
Is query tuning the responsibilty of a Developer or is it a combined responsibility of DBA and SQL Developer.
You simply do your best. If you are not allowed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 12, 2020 at 10:55 pm
Aren't those supposed to be backslashes instead of forward slashes? Could that be the remaining issue?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 12, 2020 at 10:30 pm
You might want to look into partitioning. If I had it to do over again (I had a similar requirement), I'd have used a Partitioned VIEW instead of a Partitioned...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 12, 2020 at 10:24 pm
This is fun code to test and try to get ones head around - in which orders are operators applied.
DECLARE @i INT=0;
UPDATE t SET @i =...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 12, 2020 at 9:54 pm
Ah... gotcha. Thanks, Glenn. I'll do my best over the weekend.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 12, 2020 at 2:30 pm
A SQL Server solution to this problem, without using mathematics, would be very interesting. This was a real problem that I worked on, and I expected to do some...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 12, 2020 at 4:41 am
Viewing 15 posts - 7,576 through 7,590 (of 59,098 total)