Viewing 15 posts - 7,486 through 7,500 (of 59,098 total)
SELECT [name], s.database_id,
COUNT(l.database_id) AS 'VLF Count',
SUM(vlf_size_mb) AS 'VLF Size (MB)',
SUM(CAST(vlf_active AS INT)) AS 'Active VLF',
SUM(vlf_active*vlf_size_mb) AS 'Active VLF Size (MB)',
COUNT(l.database_id)-SUM(CAST(vlf_active AS INT)) AS 'In-active VLF',
SUM(vlf_size_mb)-SUM(vlf_active*vlf_size_mb) AS...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2020 at 4:34 pm
As a bit of a sidebar, I think it funny how names of things have (inappropriately, IMHO) changed over the years. If we look at the title of this thread,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2020 at 2:44 pm
To add to what Frederico is talking about on the Transaction Log File, the other thing to check is the number of VLFs. The log file is almost like its...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2020 at 2:02 pm
Consider that when we run your code, it produces 68 reads (pages), which equates to 557,056 bytes of memory I/O just to handle 7 very narrow rows of data for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2020 at 5:48 am
>I got this to work, however, if the month is 1-9 it sets the date to '01/01/1900' because of the month not having 2 digits.<<Clean up the souce data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 26, 2020 at 2:16 am
yes time is not an issue as we are only counting full days, so the two time fields can be ignored, only the date start and date end are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2020 at 9:48 pm
Thank You All for your help.
I am able to achieve what I was looking with few changes to the script.
So share... what changes did you make?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2020 at 8:24 pm
It would help a whole lot if you explained the basis of the pivot. For example, what does the column labels of [xx-yy] equate to in the original data?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2020 at 8:21 pm
I agree with you. That's too much power for what they do. And they shouldn't be creating linked servers for just anyone.
However, if that's the way it is and you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2020 at 5:27 pm
I actually hope that MS doesn't ever fix that. As the resident DBA for my company, I don't want a bunch of yahoooos building linked servers that could cause breaks...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2020 at 4:40 pm
I'm not sure this is still true, but at one point several countries required that invoice numbers and other commercial documents have sequential numbering. This was a legal problem,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Thanks,got it
If you say so. 😉 Just trying to figure out what your goal is so that we can help someone new at it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2020 at 12:32 pm
Jeff Moden wrote:Why wouldn't you just disable the login?
Might still need server-level access, for example to create logins or linked servers.
John
If that's true, I wish the OP would state the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Tip for when you 'walk the second range', take the stories.id from your first query (i.e. add it to the result), and then in the second query add a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2020 at 12:29 pm
That is extraordinary... what's more, it accomplishes work, yet I don't assume you realize how to get the toolbar like you have in the image? I might truly want...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 25, 2020 at 12:24 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,486 through 7,500 (of 59,098 total)