Viewing 15 posts - 7,456 through 7,470 (of 59,098 total)
Awesome. Thank you both.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2020 at 10:34 pm
My question would be... has anyone run the PowerShell code to make sure it works (with replacements for the table name, etc, of course)? I ask because I'm no PowerShell...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2020 at 9:00 pm
That would be correct.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2020 at 8:56 pm
BWAAAA-HAAAA!!!! There's enough bad code out there for me to be really peeved about that I just don't care where the semi-colon is so long as it's there. In fact,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2020 at 7:53 pm
Crap... I'm sorry Jeffrey. I hit "report" instead of "quote" on your post by mistake.
As for the partitioning, please don't put words in my mouth. The original decision to partition...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2020 at 7:25 pm
Thanks everyone for the help.
You're welcome but what have you ended up doing?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2020 at 2:04 pm
See Chad Miller's Powershell function Write-DataTable
Got a link?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2020 at 2:02 pm
Never mind... I misread some code that was written in a strange fashion.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2020 at 1:57 pm
To be honest, I'd be more worried about code that was using "1000's of DB's in production". Why do you have so many? Are you using (for example) one database...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2020 at 7:49 pm
As for reorganize...there are times when that is the only option available, especially when looking at non-Enterprise Editions that are required to be available 7/24/365 - and you cannot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2020 at 6:02 pm
thanks guys - I forgot about the number of VLF - one would expect that these days where this is well known fact that any DBA has...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2020 at 5:59 pm
If I read this correctly - it seems you are saying that index maintenance needs to be based on that system. And based upon the data access patterns and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2020 at 5:30 pm
thanks guys - I forgot about the number of VLF - one would expect that these days where this is well known fact that any DBA has already set...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2020 at 3:11 pm
I'm thinking that Type 6 SCD's may be better. With that, the use of Temporal Tables may be just what the doctor ordered here with the understanding that they won't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2020 at 2:41 pm
I agree. Because there is no requirement for maintaining the order in which the parsed elements appear, String_Split() is the better choice here.
The thing is that you have to be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2020 at 2:33 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,456 through 7,470 (of 59,098 total)