Viewing 15 posts - 7,441 through 7,455 (of 59,098 total)
Never used geometry by I suppose some this like this
SELECT N,
GEOMETRY::STGeomFromText('POLYGON(('+CAST(N as varchar(10))+' 0, 1 1, 0 1, 0 0, 1 0))', 0)
FROM (VALUES(1))...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 4:59 pm
Anyone?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 4:01 pm
Use your imagination. 😀 You can use it to figure out what causes the most blocking at certain times of the day not to mention that if you fix such...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 3:59 pm
Open Windows Powershell ISE - this is the development tool for Powershell included with Windows 10.
You will need to include 2 variables that I excluded from the post. Those...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 3:27 pm
It's a shame that Brent didn't subscribe to this thread because I think he's pretty much spot on.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 1:24 pm
I recommend that f you have more than one app, use more than one service login. Each app should have it's own so you can more easily trace things like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 3:27 am
Just plan on such a thing doing full table scans because the JOIN criteria will become non-SARGable.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 2:19 am
Hey Jeff,
sadly not my choice, but they are deploying an application, and the application is requesting to create some schemas, so, I hoped they would give me the scripts...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 2:09 am
Ok... so we have the following test code from the article...
DECLARE @tab TABLE(Col1 GEOMETRY);
INSERT @tab(Col1)
SELECT GEOMETRY::STGeomFromText('POLYGON((1 0, 1 1, 0 1, 0 0, 1 0))', 0) --...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 1:35 am
Privacy has always mattered. We just gave the up the first time we opened a bank account or bought a house or bought a car or applied for/used a credit...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 1:10 am
The next question would be.... why are you giving users privs to create schemas?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 12:59 am
Here's something funny (not really)... I don't know how to run the PowerShell examples from the command prompt. I've done it plenty of times building a string in T-SQL and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2020 at 11:37 pm
Thanks, Frederico. I aware of AWK but, pun intended, I've never used it before so I'm a bit AWKward there. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2020 at 11:34 pm
If you don't understand these steps, I'd suggest finding a tutorial on SSIS that includes setting variables, ForEach and Connection Managers.
That's why I'm asking people to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2020 at 11:13 pm
The JBMTest table code is on the first page of this thread a little more than half way down but here it is again just to make things easy.
--Jeff Moden
RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to Post Performance Problems
Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
March 30, 2020 at 10:48 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,441 through 7,455 (of 59,098 total)