sql server memory buffer cache building up question

• question for DB Gurus

when sql server is restarted, it will be slow at first building exec plans , caching plans  and increasing buffer.

Any way to do it faster than just waiting for sql server to do it automatically

• Is there a particular issue you are trying to resolve?  Are you seeing performance issues related to the above questions - or is there another reason you are looking for a 'faster' way?

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• we have a  lot of sproc code which was running slowly across 1000's of DB's in production. I understand this is normal , but hoping to get a magic recompile or some way to do it across.. before they start hitting it.

• To be honest, I'd be more worried about code that was using "1000's of DB's in production".  Why do you have so many?  Are you using (for example) one database per customer or something similar?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• yes one DB per customer, I would say 500 of them on one instance are active ( sizes are relatively small)- largest 100 GB, smallest even 1 GB..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply