sql server memory buffer cache building up question

• sqlguy80

SSCrazy

question for DB Gurus

when sql server is restarted, it will be slow at first building exec plans , caching plans  and increasing buffer.

Any way to do it faster than just waiting for sql server to do it automatically

• Jeffrey Williams

SSC Guru

Is there a particular issue you are trying to resolve?  Are you seeing performance issues related to the above questions - or is there another reason you are looking for a 'faster' way?

Jeffrey Williams
    Problems are opportunities brilliantly disguised as insurmountable obstacles.

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

• sqlguy80

SSCrazy

we have a  lot of sproc code which was running slowly across 1000's of DB's in production. I understand this is normal , but hoping to get a magic recompile or some way to do it across.. before they start hitting it.

• Jeff Moden

SSC Guru

To be honest, I'd be more worried about code that was using "1000's of DB's in production".  Why do you have so many?  Are you using (for example) one database per customer or something similar?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Forum FAQ

• sqlguy80

SSCrazy

yes one DB per customer, I would say 500 of them on one instance are active ( sizes are relatively small)- largest 100 GB, smallest even 1 GB..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply