Viewing 15 posts - 7,426 through 7,440 (of 59,098 total)
Actually, there IS a problem with having a large log file and that would be the sometimes huge amount of extra time a RESTORE would take. Restoring a log file...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 10:36 pm
What are the exact errors that you're seeing? (Copy'n'Paste, please)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Update.....I'm staying up watching the logs! Just saw something in there. Invalid login with the admin account to ReportServer. Guessing this in an SSRS thing? Have had issues with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 6:17 pm
You should be able to use RAISERROR with a severity of, say, 16. Please see the following for more info on RAISERROR.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 6:14 pm
From a lot of the code I've seen, no refactoring would be necessary. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 6:01 pm
I saw those in your code. Like I said, well done on the article. I've not seen such a collection of methods for calculating what Easter Day is all in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 4:48 pm
Thanks. I was coming up against the very same thing and I was trying to avoid the use of any form of dynamic SQL. For now, that seems improbable at...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 4:42 pm
Good one. But sometimes I wish there was a better row by row method available for those few times when there appears to be no other option.
Luther
You got...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Don't get too comfortable Jeff. SQL Server on Linux was also a Steve Jones classic April Fool
Heh... I wasn't going to bring it up just for that reason. 😀 ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 4:23 pm
Thanks, Joe. I was reading about that in the second link I provided. Interesting bit of history that still affects us today. So, to answer the question of "When is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 4:20 pm
My absolute favorite scene from that movie also contains my favorite quote from the movie. Here's a link to it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmGXeAtWUw
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 1:29 am
Whew!!! Nice one, Steve!! You had me going there! I was thinking that I should plan on retiring sooner than I really wanted because even the cursors in Oracle are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 1:19 am
Very nice collection of algorithms, Jeffrey. I've got one more for you to add to your collection.
Peter "Peso" Larsson came up with the following basic method quite a while back. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2020 at 1:05 am
We have no clue by what you mean by "unexpected results".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 8:38 pm
For me, it was the initial run of having an extra 90 million rows. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 31, 2020 at 8:35 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,426 through 7,440 (of 59,098 total)