Viewing 15 posts - 55,636 through 55,650 (of 59,098 total)
Heh... went to the doctor and said "Doc, if I raise my arm like this... it hurts". Doctor said not to do that anymore ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 28, 2007 at 9:37 am
I agree... in SQL Server 2005, you could probably do it with a recursive CTE... But not in 2K. Might be able to do it using a recursive UDF, but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 28, 2007 at 9:19 am
You bet... thanks for the feedback, Matt.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 28, 2007 at 9:14 am
Ya do pretty darned well yourself, Lowell!
You made a very useful tool. I'm in the process of tweaking it for my own use and thought...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 28, 2007 at 9:13 am
Nicely done, Lowell... you might want to check the ##Tmp table, though... the numeric datatypes always end up having a MaxActualLength of "0" and I think that's probably not right....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2007 at 8:17 pm
This will not produce the results you expect if there is a tied date for any give Job/Status combo... nor is it very good on really large tables. But it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2007 at 7:56 pm
Sure... can be done in any language... I just got bogged down at work.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2007 at 7:31 pm
A woman's sister dies of supposedly natural causes. The woman goes to her sister's funeral. During the funeral, she sits next to a man who consoles her quite nicely...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2007 at 6:32 pm
"One measurement is worth a thousand speculations"
Mathew,
Index Scans are NOT always a bad thing... here's proof (and a couple o' tricks)...
First, let's make a million row test table...
--=====...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2007 at 6:10 pm
Recommend rewriting the following using a derived table with a proper join instead of the correlated sub-query that you have...
and sc.CONF_id =
(select max(sc2.CONF_id)
from sep_CONF sc2 , main_score es2...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2007 at 5:28 pm
| I have a great job. I tend to work a 40-45 hour week, flexible, at all hours of... |
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2007 at 5:22 pm
Thanks, Gail ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2007 at 5:15 pm
Ah... I see what you're getting at...
Yes, in that case, if the inserted row size is greater that than free size remaining on the target page due to a clustered...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2007 at 5:10 pm
Nah... this one...
One individual had a devil of a good time leading others on just for the sake of a good bar room brawl. I rather enjoyed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2007 at 4:24 pm
Cool... thanks, Michael.
Yeah, clearing the cashe didn't seem to matter in my testing so I didn't include it in my code. And, I very much like the idea of using...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2007 at 4:04 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 55,636 through 55,650 (of 59,098 total)