Viewing 15 posts - 52,546 through 52,560 (of 59,098 total)
GSquared (2/15/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 8:41 am
Caught me? Heh... I jumped right out in front of ya 😀
What you say is similar to what I used to say and think.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 8:38 am
ALZDBA (2/15/2008)
And it resulted in a solution that worked a lightning speed and performed
the actual update in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 7:45 am
Ross McMicken (2/15/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 7:24 am
matt stockham (2/14/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 7:15 am
A primary key of more than 16 columns... Lordy, I sure hope someone doesn't think of that as "core" functionality... :hehe:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 9:51 pm
So... what would you do with 99.99 shares and 4 people? Decimal isn't going to hack that, either.
Implementation of float in your 3 person case would be as follows...
DECLARE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 9:42 pm
Thanks, Aaron...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 9:29 pm
Now I don't know .. is replacing of temporary tables with table variables worth it or not?
Absolutely NOT...
And, I agree with Matt... your co-worker doesn't know what he/she is talking...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 9:11 pm
The columns are self sizing... makes real pretty emails... you send an email with the file as an attachment.
ie... SUBJ: Your daily report on whatever is attached.
Now,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 8:29 pm
In other words, please see the following URL...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic418139-8-1.aspx#bm418200
...and don't worry... provided you call it correctly and learn how to use the "Increment" as I've laid out in the URL above,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 8:02 pm
This has all been totally awesome! Give yourselves a huge pat on the back... 122 posts on a fairly controversial subject and no flame wars. My hat is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 7:12 pm
Yep... tested the heck out of the CTE solution with ROW_NUMBER() for the running balance... without the clustered index on the appropriate columns, if falls apart in that the running...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 6:57 pm
gints.plivna (2/14/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 6:24 pm
JohnG (2/14/2008)
Heh... thanks Steve... I'll consider it. It would be very difficult, though, because I break out in a bad case of Tourette's syndrome every time I try to do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 6:18 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 52,546 through 52,560 (of 59,098 total)