Viewing 15 posts - 52,531 through 52,545 (of 59,098 total)
So OK let's continue. Back to lengths. I'm not so concerned about limit of 30 symbols per identifier however, I'm quite amazed by following math in SQL Server:
select len(a), len(b),...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2008 at 8:57 am
You can also use the "3rd operand" of round which identifies whether the number should be rounded or truncated (as you've asked for)... the information for the 3rd operand is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 16, 2008 at 8:13 am
Heh... and I damned sure wouldn't have actually written the performance enabled code the way I did... I did that just to make cuff's match collar in the code performance...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 8:23 pm
Heh... I did look at the "Example C" code you referenced... guess that proves that even people who write the documentation can be card carrying members of the Darwin Award......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 8:17 pm
You've exemplified exactly what I was talking about, Gints... doesn't really matter what people think of one or the other, they are very different and anyone who thinks that the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 7:04 pm
The LEN failure is because you are missing a couple of right parenthesis in the code line.
Also, is there only 1 name per row or do they look like something...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 6:36 pm
Heh... I knew it would be YOU, Matt... after all the testing you did for/with me on the "other" CLR's, I should have just asked "Hey Matt... you wanna try...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 6:32 pm
Hi Alicia...
Since you're trying to "export" the file from an .xls file to a table, you'll need to follow a couple of "rules" about the format of the .xls file....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 6:26 pm
Christopher Ford (2/15/2008)
So I says to myself, bah, table variable...you can do it without a table variable!
... for an interesting exercise, please run this...or better yet, don't run this unless...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 6:09 pm
Thanks for joining the thread, Frank... just curious... you posted the following... and said it takes 2 seconds on your machine...
Out of curiousity, if we were to grab the current...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 5:38 pm
I get what you want to do... but, I'm with John... I need more info, please...
Also, what do you mean by "unitil No ID's are left"? Are you saying...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 12:29 pm
--===== Create a test table with data
-- THIS IS NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION
DECLARE @YourTable TABLE (DocNo VARCHAR(20),LiNum INT)
INSERT INTO @YourTable (DocNo,LiNum)
SELECT 'ZC12345',1...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 12:24 pm
So, maybe write some code that writes code for you?
Also, you can set the results in the text mode to use the TAB character to separate columns to make the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 12:01 pm
DOH! (making thumbsucking noises and triddling hair)... sometimes I just get balled up on things. Of course, Greg!... Nice simple solution like that is the way to go....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 11:00 am
Matt S... yeaup... a bit "contrived" as you say... the example is meant to mimic the real world where people forget what datatype they're using to do calculations and the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2008 at 10:50 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,531 through 52,545 (of 59,098 total)