Viewing 15 posts - 52,561 through 52,575 (of 59,098 total)
Christopher Ford (2/13/2008)
Since OVER() doesn't support ORDER BY when used with an aggregation.
How about this one?
SELECT J1.AccountID,
J1.Date,
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 5:06 pm
While I certainly agree that one should use the right tool for the right job, I'll also be the first to disagree about the shorter the code, the faster it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 6:11 am
Steve Rosenbach (2/14/2008)
Sounds like you're a good candidate to write "ORACLE for SQL Server Developers." 🙂
Seriously, would you consider writing an article for SQLServerCentral.com about some of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2008 at 5:56 am
Agreed... basically the same... I've got an extra "Compute Scalar" 'cause of the formatting I did...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 11:00 pm
Well stated in both posts, Christopher... But, you've been spoiled by SS 2k5... none of that works in 2k and, I don't know about other folks, but the companies I've...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 10:51 pm
Although a lot of this information is several years old, the "basics" still apply.
No, they really don't.
In SQL Server, the UPDATE statement has a FROM clause where you can do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 10:31 pm
Just curious, Art... haven't seen it before... what does a "Database Analyst" do? In other words, what's the job description for a "Database Analyst"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 9:27 pm
Aaron,
This should do it... also, take a look at how I created the test table and data... would help a lot if you could post sample data like that in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 9:15 pm
Christopher Ford (2/13/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 8:50 pm
Vika (2/4/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 6:27 pm
Tom Leykis (2/13/2008)
The reason I was asking is becuase it's my database, for my company, that I manage the db for, because I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 5:57 pm
Absolutely agree with that... that's what makes forums like this so interesting and useful... differing experiences and opinions...
By the way... We did run into the problem of "If the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 5:48 pm
Heh.... it's ok Steve... we're all friends here... I don't know how to read either 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 5:11 pm
Paul Randal (2/13/2008)
So, sometimes the only thing you can do is mess around with the physical setup to improve things.
What are you going to mess around with in the phsical...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 5:04 pm
Tom Leykis (2/13/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 4:28 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 52,561 through 52,575 (of 59,098 total)