Viewing 15 posts - 51,286 through 51,300 (of 59,098 total)
I see that the not so uncommon thing has occurred... Matt beat me to it 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 4, 2008 at 7:08 am
In the at the very top of the "left window" for each post (just above where you got my posting stats from), just click on my bolded name... new menu...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 4, 2008 at 7:05 am
Matt Miller (4/4/2008)
ALZDBA (4/3/2008)
Matt Miller (4/3/2008)
...By the way - the relevant reply seems to be on page 17....
(that was a dirty trick there, Johan!)
...
Dynamic paging ... :Whistling:
In my SSC-forum-profile...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 4, 2008 at 6:57 am
I haven't checked the entire BCP format file, but the delimiters for the first 4 columns are good...
The problem is with the 3rd column of the HEADER (not the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 4, 2008 at 6:18 am
Great link... thanks, Gus!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2008 at 8:58 pm
J (4/3/2008)
What I' was a little bit worried about is that the myTempSelectionList table would appear to become a hot spot and possibly a source of deadlocks unless you're very...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2008 at 8:55 pm
You say it isn't working at all... do you get any kind of an error message?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2008 at 8:49 pm
More on the above... try solving the running total problem in 3 or 4 different RDBMS engines... and still have some scalability and performance left over.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2008 at 8:19 am
Portability? Have you ever tried to make 100% portable code and still have it actually do something more than return data to a GUI with simple SELECTs? Even...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2008 at 8:18 am
I agree... like I said, not sure why I even posted the implicit code... I don't trust defaults for the same reasons you don't.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2008 at 7:56 am
Very good point.
Actually, I'm not even sure why I posted the implicit conversion code... Implicit conversions constitute a "default" of sorts and I've seen MS change a couple of defaults...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2008 at 5:57 am
JohnG (4/2/2008)
Yes... don't use either... use an INNER JOIN instead
Not always. The matching values resulting from an INNER JOIN can be more than one (1). This will result...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2008 at 5:34 am
Antonio,
Your solution doesn't work with the test data I created. Please post your test data generator and the result times you got.
Gus, you're splitting out more than requested and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 10:31 pm
GSquared (4/2/2008)
Jeff, please tell me what I got wrong on the Numbers table version
At a high level, yes... You split on the "&" instead of the "=" which forces you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 10:27 pm
Oh, I agree... first step towards some sort of performance is to reduce the number of cursors and UDFs to zero by using the rCTE.
Second step would be to think...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 2:54 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,286 through 51,300 (of 59,098 total)