Viewing 15 posts - 51,271 through 51,285 (of 59,098 total)
Since it worked fine for both Matt and I, I've got to ask... are you actually using SQL Server or are you using some other RDBMS?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2008 at 9:32 am
jos.haemers (4/6/2008)
I've posted a CREATE script for the facttable with a few records. I can't post any queries because there an no queries yet. In the future the customer wants...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2008 at 9:30 am
Heh... and I thought I was old... 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2008 at 9:20 am
Rather than "warming the cache"... try analyzing the code to see where indexes would help you solve the problem.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2008 at 11:07 am
As previously stated, Cursor and loops of this nature WILL kill any hopes of performance...
Your pseudo code said...
-- IF TotalPrice > 0 ...sqlCodeHere
What do you want to do for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2008 at 11:03 am
Something is very wrong here... the original query posted by the OP works just fine.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2008 at 11:00 am
You might want to post the CREATE statement for your fact table and maybe 10 or so rows of data (see the URL in my signature line for the right...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2008 at 10:55 am
Not enough info... will you always have a max of 2 items. Also, it may make a difference if we knew why you wanted to do this.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2008 at 10:53 am
Heh... funny thing is, I'm "old school" as well and I always say "S-Q-L" instead of "sequal".
As you said, doesn't matter how I hear it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2008 at 7:44 am
Wow! I totally missed the fact that the object of the update was a system table.
Updating the system tables directly is "Death by SQL". Don't do it... period.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2008 at 7:42 am
Outstanding! Thank you for the feedback!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2008 at 7:40 am
Not sure what you're after... didn't you just use a single command?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 4, 2008 at 8:30 pm
Um.... SQL Server 2000 doesn't have the full compliment of RegEx operators, so I'm pretty sure that won't work.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 4, 2008 at 8:29 pm
jastarling (4/4/2008)
Based on that, I changed the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 4, 2008 at 4:55 pm
Guess I'm the oddity...
I say "S-Q-L" Server because my original SQL Mentor would smack me in the head if I said "SeQueL".
I also say "Column", not "Field".
I also say...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 4, 2008 at 4:12 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,271 through 51,285 (of 59,098 total)