Viewing 15 posts - 51,301 through 51,315 (of 59,098 total)
All the code blocks in that link show up as little red x's for me...
The thing I'm concerned about is that the word "loops" was mentioned in the test... testing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 2:49 pm
Heh... nope... different guy :hehe: ... the other one knew a lot more about the system... this one is on a steep learning curve for 2k5 and has seen the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 2:42 pm
It is amazing that two copies and truncate could be so fast. Guess that's why lot so folks use it... so long as there aren't foreign keys, delete triggers,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 2:36 pm
Sounds like a winner, J. Thanks for sharing the tips.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 2:32 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (4/2/2008)
Heh... nope... me and my friends used to jump off bridges for fun... Mom didn't mind because we...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 2:31 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (4/2/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 2:25 pm
ALZDBA (4/2/2008)
And I've always been trying to avoid implicit conversions ......... :hehe:
Apparently, even on a million rows... makes no moxnix...
DECLARE @Bitbucket datetime
SET STATISTICS TIME ON
SELECT @Bitbucket = DATEADD(mm,1,EndDate+'01')-1
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 2:21 pm
ALZDBA (4/2/2008)
And I've always been trying to avoid implicit conversions
Heh... understood. I don't think they make a hoot in the SELECT list... but, I guess I'm gonna have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 12:16 pm
antonio.collins (4/2/2008)
No fair working at night... my wife won't let me get geeky at night.
Heh... understood... I keep telling mine "How can I miss you if you won't go away?"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 12:13 pm
Marios Philippopoulos (4/2/2008)
But... assuming they have valid reasons, how can this be done safely and what does it involve?
That much I do know... It's going to be just like any...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 11:41 am
J (4/2/2008)
I have also used the approach of comma-separated single parameter but it has limitations:
- the is a practical limit to the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 11:34 am
Expensive move to compare all columns if you only care if a couple have been updated...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 11:14 am
That's a big one for me... the use of "Trusted Accounts" means that I don't have to hard-code user names or passwords in any code. Very big security advantage...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 8:25 am
Tim Riley (4/2/2008)
"Msg 8164, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_get_composite_job_info, Line 72
An INSERT EXEC statement cannot be nested."
There are 'INSERT' statements in various...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 8:23 am
On the subject of VM's... heh... Steve said he's got friends doing it... reminds me of what everyone's Mother in the World has probably said at one time or another......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 8:15 am
Viewing 15 posts - 51,301 through 51,315 (of 59,098 total)