Viewing 15 posts - 4,936 through 4,950 (of 59,098 total)
If it's done right on both the part of the sender and the receiver, it's actually not a "lengthy process". It can be nasty fast and super easy to setup...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 24, 2021 at 6:45 pm
You never said... what's the closest city you're moving to?
I also wish you luck with the move and, just like getting a DBA involved, I'll also say that the 6%...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 24, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Hi,
Table schema
RouteID bigint,
DLRStatus tinyint,
DLRID nchar(50)
ReceivedDate datetime
This table contains millions of records and we need to fetch the record by DLRID which is received from several sources from outside the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 23, 2021 at 10:45 pm
You shouldn't be trying to do an "INSTALL" of SQL Server. It's been a long while since I've had to be the one to do the CU updates but, IIRC,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 23, 2021 at 7:16 pm
I also want to share here the SP that I created that produced the report shown in the question.
It seems that you're still concentrating on waits... what have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 21, 2021 at 8:28 pm
p.s. And NO!!! Rebuilding indexes at a lower Fill Factor is NOT A PANACEA especially on "ever-increasing indexes". Just do it on the ones you did the Rebuilds on here...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2021 at 10:46 pm
Hi,
I have a Combined View which is fetching data from 2 underline views which in turn are referring to 2 tables.
I did an index rebuild on the underlined tables...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2021 at 10:44 pm
For a Windows shop, is there any practical benefit, like in terms of licensing costs or performance, for running SQL Server on a non-containerized Linux instance? For example, could...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2021 at 9:23 pm
The file is now pipe delimited. I can then import the file much more quickly.
How does just changing the delimiter from one character to another make anything easier? The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2021 at 3:00 pm
p.s. Go look for Jonathan Keyhias' code for finding the longest and most prevalent compile times. I once has a 100ms piece of code that ran a couple of tens...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2021 at 12:56 am
I have a slightly different take on things... I call the top 10 wait types the "Top 10 symptoms that don't lead you to much" because they are just symptoms...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2021 at 12:48 am
I must say, seeing Jeff Modan, Eric Russel, Joe Celko, people I have learned so much from, all chime in on the same thread... Well, it just brings a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2021 at 12:29 am
Thank God there's no GOSUB in SQL.
There's a school of thought that gets sniffy at overuse of if statements in OO languages.
Such constructs feel like a vestigal organ like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 20, 2021 at 12:26 am
thx for the quick replies.. My table has several thousand rows, so I cannot hard code dates as list in the example above. This SQL gets me kind of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2021 at 11:28 pm
I completely understand poorly formatted CSVs or varying structures, like ragged right, causing issues.
These were simple, consistently formatted files. I can't believe this was hard.
No they weren't... at least...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2021 at 7:28 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,936 through 4,950 (of 59,098 total)