Viewing 15 posts - 4,846 through 4,860 (of 59,098 total)
I've attached 3 functions for this that I needed to build for a project at the end of July. They're fully documented and they include test code for your QA/UAT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 17, 2021 at 4:30 am
I guess I would be interested in knowing HOW the numbers of which versions running SQL Server were determined.
Not enough to actually click on the links in Steve's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 17, 2021 at 2:26 am
I'm with Frederico on this... I wouldn't try to salvage the old code. The only thing I'd take from the old code is what the overall goals for ALL the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 17, 2021 at 2:19 am
At least when you're dealing with XML or JSON the average end users is too intimidated by the format(and usually lacks the tools anyways) to directly mess and generate...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 16, 2021 at 5:05 pm
Well ,this is something I wanted to run by you, too.
Steve Jones said that if I am going to submit this and more articles, -- I intend from now...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 16, 2021 at 2:35 pm
If someone writes a blog but doesn't let us comment on it, I will not hold it against him.
Adi
I will and do... especially when they post stuff that's just...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 16, 2021 at 2:28 pm
The code is RBAR and super-logging on steroids. It calls a proc to write to the log at virtually every point and it's also running a string splitter for every...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 16, 2021 at 2:08 pm
Ummm... what's with the name change?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2021 at 6:19 pm
Not confusing for me. You have existing data and you have new data. He want's a way to compare the data that changed.
I do absolutely agree that he...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2021 at 6:15 pm
Sorry misunderstood .. will supply
That means that you haven't actually read the article where that's actually explicitly stated even after being asked a couple of times on this thread...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2021 at 6:08 pm
Yep... I understand that such things can be an issue and are exceptions. The issue is that a lot of these people publish things that absolutely incorrect and allow for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2021 at 5:55 pm
Great article, Louis.
I've found that you have to be very, very careful in studying. It's really spooky out there.
For example... I've seen several articles from people that supposedly know what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2021 at 5:45 pm
SELECT DATEADD(DAY, -DATEDIFF(DAY, 0, [Order Date]) % 7, [Order Date]) AS [Week of],
COUNT(*) AS Count
FROM dbo.your_table_name
GROUP BY DATEADD(DAY, -DATEDIFF(DAY, 0, [Order Date]) % 7, [Order Date])
Welcome aboard! ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2021 at 5:04 pm
I will always prefer someone that spends also time in participating in such discussions then someone that doesn't participate.
You mean like virtually everyone on StackOverflow where such discussions...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2021 at 4:13 pm
Could you post the CREATE TABLE statement for your date table? I'd like to try a couple of things.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 15, 2021 at 3:47 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,846 through 4,860 (of 59,098 total)