I am submitting an article. How can I insert IMAGE (screenshot) between text?

• THere is no such option next to Edit COde sample, as it is right here in this posting area.

what can I do? Are the articles not supposed to have screenshots any more?

no INSERT IMAGE in SUBMIT ARTICLE.

Likes to play Chess

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• The easiest way is to have whatever image you want in your clipboard.  Then, move your cursor to where you want you image to be and do a single click on that spot.  Then, right click on that same spot and select <paste> from the popup menu.  Note that using <CTRL-V> will NOT work here for FireFox.  I've not checked any of the other browsers.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Thank you, Jeff.

Submitted the article now..

Likes to play Chess

• Thank you, Jeff.

Submitted the article now..<!--more-->

Likes to play Chess

• Ummm... what's with the name change?

--Jeff Moden

________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Helpful Links:

• Well ,this is something I wanted to run by you, too.

Steve Jones said that if I am going to submit this and more articles, -- I intend from now on to do at least 1 article a month, -- then my real name will look better, and I can use it for referencing from other places, or from my resume, etc.

1) What do you think?

2) Are there any downsides in using real name?

3) ALSO, what are the options for payment? Is ZELLE an option?

Your feedback on anything is very valuable and helpful to me. THANK YOU!

Likes to play Chess

• VoldemarG wrote:

Well ,this is something I wanted to run by you, too.

Steve Jones said that if I am going to submit this and more articles, -- I intend from now on to do at least 1 article a month, -- then my real name will look better, and I can use it for referencing from other places, or from my resume, etc.

1) What do you think?

2) Are there any downsides in using real name?

3) ALSO, what are the options for payment? Is ZELLE an option?

Your feedback on anything is very valuable and helpful to me. THANK YOU!

I almost asked you who drove the "use your real name" suggestion into your head.  😀

I've been using my real name since I first started posting even long before I joined SSC.  Pseudo-names and avatars are a lot of fun but I've really not been into that type of thing.

I don't believe that ZELLE is an option but I'm not the one to ask.  Ask the people that run this site.  PayPal seems to be the preferred method.

--Jeff Moden

Helpful Links:

• Zelle is an option.

For images, you use the "Add Media" button, or as Jeff noted, paste from the clipboard.

• As always with great appreciation,

2 questions:

if i reply something specifically to you by hitting REPLY button not at the bottom but at your last comment, are you the only one who sees it or is it visible to everyone?

using REAL name: can there be, for example, such ramification of using real name as Manager at your full time job sees the post, assumes it is done for $, even though within the direct technical relevance, or that you especially if you use some code that you also launched at one of the work environments/servers, etc... -- can such predicament become an unwanted predicament?

THANK YOU!

Likes to play Chess

• Thank you, Steve, for the clarifications.

Likes to play Chess

• Everyone sees what is posted here.

• Now I submitted the article, with inserted image and all, and am much better ready for my ongoing articles writing and future submissions, but

I neither see a new(modified, as per Steve Jone's guidance) article that I posted/submitted for review last night, 8/15 or 8/16/2021 early morning night, NOR can find it in any way. only an old, original article appears to be there, which is now obsolete.

CAN YOU SEE IT?

OR should I resubmit as new article from SCRATCH?

I APPRECIATE YOUR DIRECTING ME. In no time I will have become one of the top periodical writers for SSC.

the amount of invaluable for the others material that I have acquired over past few years of rather hard-core experience is HUGE.

I just also want to make sure this will not create any ETHICAL issues with my management as I am in a rather senior IO role now

(Information Officer) on DevOps/Database Systems team.

Likes to play Chess

• I do see images. I'll review this as soon as I can this week and provide feedback on writing and styling.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply