Viewing 15 posts - 4,771 through 4,785 (of 59,098 total)
Hello and welcome aboard. To get some really good help quickly, please read the article at the first link in my signature line below for how to create "readily consumable...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 3:32 am
I don't use "solutions" in SSMS. They just seem to make life difficult. That's not a personal bit of experience, though. I never knew about them for the longest time...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 3:26 am
In SQL Server, you have a couple of things working against you.
A table starting with a numeric digit is against the "normal naming convention" for objects in SQL server. It...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 25, 2021 at 3:21 am
I also have the same case, thanks for this solution!
Uh-huh... Sounds like a precursor to spam.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2021 at 6:37 pm
Looking at the Clustered Index for the oeordlin_sql table, I'm a wee bit concerned (especially for insert and update performance) over having the leading column be in the "ultra low...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2021 at 6:34 pm
I do the same as what Anthony posted.
There might be at least one caveat to be aware of. My disclaimer is that I've not had to try it and I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2021 at 5:59 pm
Our situation appears to be quite a bit different than yours (and no... neither is wrong, IMHO... they're just different because of different business requirements). My best friend, who is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2021 at 5:47 pm
I've probably just not had enough coffee yet, Johan, but the data you posted doesn't look like a performance comparison to me. It looks like measurements from a single run.
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Our company uses EF and stored procedures with error handling. Our standard is to require Try/Catch blocks in all stored procedures. While I agree with Jeff Moden's point in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2021 at 7:20 am
Correct. We never do multiple named instances on a server. Heh... they still haven't found the body of the last person that tried to do that on our servers. 😀
Instead...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 24, 2021 at 7:12 am
If you are using REORGANIZE on any rowstore index that is fragmenting, STOP IT! PERIOD!. REORGANIZE does not work like you probably think it works. It can and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Count me as one of the people that left because of the changes in the site. I keep coming to read the thread, but with the decline of questions...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2021 at 9:32 pm
I wonder if it was because of the flow change you made in the package or it's because you "re-saved" the package (and I might be using the wrong term...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2021 at 2:52 pm
Thanks for the "Welcome back" Jeff....appreciated. I doubt that many potential new users of the site would stay around for very long...cos to be honest the site...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2021 at 1:51 pm
I'd love to know how many users in this forum are exclusively Entity Framework developers and believe that stored procedure are "a memory of a bygone era."?? hahah
That's one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 23, 2021 at 1:27 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,771 through 4,785 (of 59,098 total)