Viewing 15 posts - 4,441 through 4,455 (of 59,098 total)
If you'd post some readily consumable data, that would help us help you with an answer. See the first link in my signature line below for one of many ways...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 10:38 pm
Thanks for your quick reply at the moment is on sql server 2008r2, so it doesnt have LAG I think...
You posted in a 2019 forum. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 10:37 pm
Hello @jeff Moden and @jonathan-2 .
Thank you for your help.
I will test this solution too.
Thank you for the feedback, Lidou
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 10:32 pm
No luck with the results to file. Thanks for the help though
Perhaps BCP from a LOB column to a file?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 10:30 pm
I don't know much about how they did it because I never get to see the code but the devs where I work only have 1 connection configuration for each...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Why not get rid of FLOAT as soon as possible by CAST'ing POWER to BIGINT ?
select NumericValue, conv_bigint.num
from #IntChange ic
cross apply...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 10:21 pm
Thanks for the feedback, Stephen. Heh... being an old dude, I can really sympathize with you on the bad data thing. It's been a problem even without computers since I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 6:14 am
My bad. Apparently I did not submit my post last week thanking Ant-Green for his solution and assuring this is not for SSNs or any kind of PII data....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 2:49 am
Solved.
How? With the reworked code you posted above?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 12:23 am
It's a funny thing, Y.B. I was thinking like Yogi Berra as in "This sounds like Deja Vu all over again". I was right. We had nearly this identical discuss...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2021 at 11:25 pm
Likewise, life was procreating before it became intelligent.
BWAAA-HAAAA!!!! That seems to be an issue even today!

--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Agreed. I was only reading what you quoted and that was my comment about Dynamic SQL. I totally agree DDL should be in source control. Sometimes, though, source control and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2021 at 10:40 pm
That's true, Phil... but I don't keep the results of Dynamic SQL in source control. I don't keep the code that gets stored in cache that I interrogate with my...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2021 at 3:45 pm
Now I'm truly humbled and seriously appreciative. You've cited the very reason I wrote those... a different way of thinking. Thank you so much for the taking the time to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2021 at 3:40 pm
Sorry, Brandie... I'd be of no help in either area. They decided a long time ago that our infrastructure team would take care of such things to help with the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2021 at 3:19 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,441 through 4,455 (of 59,098 total)