Viewing 15 posts - 4,456 through 4,470 (of 59,098 total)
You didn't say what the result should be if it is tied, for example, 2F and 2M? In that case, I went with 'FemaleMix', adjust that if you need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2021 at 2:08 am
Ron,
The following does the trick for me when I need to do such a thing. Details are in the flower box.
Create FUNCTION [dbo].[ShowLongString]
/**********************************************************************************************************************
Purpose:
Display...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2021 at 2:03 am
I'm with Phil. Why are you doing this?
I can't speak for Ron but sometimes it's necessary to see, for example, the full monty for dynamic SQL.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 28, 2021 at 1:59 am
@Y.B. Thanks for the awesome compliment on the articles but neither they nor I made you look like a rockstar. I'm seriously honored that you cited me and them but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 27, 2021 at 11:05 pm
Hi Team,
I am retrieving files and file created date and file modified date from table based on the created date. All files are same file name. My output is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2021 at 8:39 pm
First of all, if you've done a REBUILD on an index and you very quickly exceed 30% logical fragmentation, then you're ACTUALLY CREATING A PERFORMANCE ISSUE and it can be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2021 at 8:35 pm
While you guys are bantering, I hope it's your SSNs that the OP is going to obfuscate with this easily broken method. 😀
Don't worry I'm sure it's just...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2021 at 12:28 am
Jeff Moden wrote:Nice function, Jonathan. Well done!
Thank you Jeff, that's a great compliment coming from someone as experienced as you.
I just used the function to hammer out a solution to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2021 at 12:02 am
Let's try something a wee bit different and let's use a really nice tool written exactly for this type of thing. The tool was written by Jonathan Roberts, is a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 26, 2021 at 12:01 am
Great article but, having been there and done that, be REALLY careful that you don't (as my Grandmother used to say) "Jump from fat to fire" (reference to a cast...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2021 at 9:09 pm
While you guys are bantering, I hope it's your SSNs that the OP is going to obfuscate with this easily broken method. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2021 at 6:09 pm
The big thing for partitioning for me has nothing to do with queries. As Grant indicates, partitioning almost never improves performance. Even so called "partition elimination" is usually slower than...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2021 at 5:56 pm
SQL2005 doesn't have XE!
Check your default trace file or run a trace to figure it out !
Ah... thanks, Johan. Shows how much I use EE.
The problem with using...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 25, 2021 at 12:23 pm
Thank you for the great feedback and the quote from BOL.
Now if we could get the OP to cough up the reason for wanting to do this task. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 24, 2021 at 6:30 pm
This is getting the data I need, but not the format.
select replace(convert(varchar, getdate(),101),'/','') + replace(convert(varchar, getdate(),108),':','')
10212021102437
I want YYYYMMDD before the time portion.
Thanks.
Just out of sheer curiosity, why do you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 23, 2021 at 10:26 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,456 through 4,470 (of 59,098 total)