Who's Smarter? Humans or AI Systems?

  • When something sounds mystic, people tend to believe in it. If we look around, on this continent, it is not Artificial Intelligence that is missing. It is NA, natural intelligence that we are missing. Unfortunately, NA may mean other things, like Not Available....

    Zidar's Theorem: The best code is no code at all...

  • Zidar wrote:

    When something sounds mystic, people tend to believe in it. If we look around, on this continent, it is not Artificial Intelligence that is missing. It is NA, natural intelligence that we are missing. Unfortunately, NA may mean other things, like Not Available....

     

    Zidar, you are so right.

    I just had an altercation with some AI that is strange.  My out-of-state Credit Union uses a Bill Pay system. My wife uses another local  Credit Union.  I make other payments to HER credit union which go through usually the same evening.  However, if I try to transfer money from my CU to her checking account at her CU, the Bill Pay system insists on printing and mailing a check, with a ten-day delivery time.

    Now for the hooker.

    If I write my wife a check on my remote account two states away, she scans it with her cell phone and uses her remote deposit application, then check will be credited to her account the same evening.

    The bill pay service says 'If the check  is to a company instead of an individual, it will be delivered by ACH and not mailed.  I'm thinking of adding INC. to her account name.

    It's NOT AI, it's real stupidity.

     

    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  skeleton567.

    Rick

    One of the best days of my IT career was they day I told my boss if the problem was so simple he should go fix it himself.

  • I have yet to see a computer which can make a transfer to another computer and create a third computer.

    Rick

    One of the best days of my IT career was they day I told my boss if the problem was so simple he should go fix it himself.

  • skeleton567 wrote:

    I have yet to see a computer which can make a transfer to another computer and create a third computer.

    That's not AI (artificial intelligence), that sounds more like AP (artificial procreation). But there actually are computers that fabricate computers in an industrial automation setting. Likewise, life was procreating before it became intelligent.

     

    "Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

  • Eric M Russell wrote:

    skeleton567 wrote:

    I have yet to see a computer which can make a transfer to another computer and create a third computer.

    That's not AI (artificial intelligence), that sounds more like AP (artificial procreation). But there actually are computers that fabricate computers in an industrial automation setting. Likewise, life was procreating before it became intelligent.

    On the farm it was called 'artificial insemination'.

     

    Rick

    One of the best days of my IT career was they day I told my boss if the problem was so simple he should go fix it himself.

  • Eric M Russell wrote:

    Likewise, life was procreating before it became intelligent.

    BWAAA-HAAAA!!!!  That seems to be an issue even today!

    rofl

    --Jeff Moden


    RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

    Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply