Viewing 15 posts - 4,426 through 4,440 (of 59,098 total)
One would hope response time wouldn't change... though I've seen companies where even that might not be true.
I could see resolution time changing (e.g., help desk declares it resolved,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2021 at 3:26 pm
Strong suggestion, don't store the response time. Store the start and stop times and then calculate the response times when you retrieve the data.
I have to ask,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2021 at 3:14 pm
Strong suggestion, don't store the response time. Store the start and stop times and then calculate the response times when you retrieve the data.
I have to ask, what is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2021 at 2:31 pm
This will shock most but I've had to climb this hill many times in the past. These are "durations". Don't store them as date and time datatypes. Before I can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2021 at 2:26 pm
I've got to ask, as well. Why the requirement of doing the transfer with (ugh!) XML? That is, quite possibly, the absolute slowest and "pipe heavy" method that you could...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2021 at 2:13 pm
Sorry... posted in the wrong spot. Deleted this post.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2021 at 2:04 am
UPDATE:
Like the rest of the world, I had been duped into thinking that Random GUIDs are bad. The two most cited reasons are that they're 4 times bigger than an...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2021 at 2:00 am
Has anyone done this on servers with numerous applications accessing them? How do you handle applications slowing down due to the loss of indexes? And how does Always On...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 31, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Ah.... sorry.... What do you want the output to look like for the test data you provided? I ask because you have multiple clients and you've not identified what you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2021 at 1:58 am
Heh... you really should trying running your own code before you post it. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2021 at 1:44 am
A numbers splitter is a really nice solution. I thought the question was already answered. What else could be done with a numbers splitter?
Converting Integers that look like dates...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2021 at 1:30 am
To summarize what Thom has so correctly stated, it's "DEI", which stands for "Declared Entity Integrity" and, along with "DRI" (Declared Referential Integrity), it forms the backbone of what properly...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 30, 2021 at 12:36 am
I almost forgot about that Jeff. I've always wanted to contribute more but I always feel like someone else has already done it better. Besides, in the example with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 11:49 pm
Without the queries that caused the CPU to stick to the ceiling, there's really no way to help here.
I will tell you that if you didn't do your inserts in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 11:04 pm
What is the code for the function DelimitedSplit8K?
\
If you'd like to learn more about it, there's a whole article on it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
October 29, 2021 at 10:43 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,426 through 4,440 (of 59,098 total)