Viewing 15 posts - 4,411 through 4,425 (of 59,098 total)
The difference of bad data before and after computers is that bad data in computers can be perpetuated and disseminated so much faster.
And that more people believe the bad...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 6:23 pm
Hi Jeff,
Good questions Jeff, its in development so not sure exactly what to do with results yet?
If Client has only one row then leave it out of the results...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 5:01 am
Well, this is interesting. SQL 2022. No more parameter sniffing?
Heh... nothing could go wrong there, right? 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 12:38 am
Sorry... post withdrawn. Wrong post.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2021 at 9:14 pm
Actually you could be causing a performance problem by getting SQL to use the same query plan for different values, i.e., by avoiding the "overhead" of a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2021 at 8:36 pm
I'd love to see a generic framework/example for this, even if the OP has left the building.
I know your preference for datetime over datetime2, but would also be interested...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2021 at 8:31 pm
Actually you could be causing a performance problem by getting SQL to use the same query plan for different values, i.e., by avoiding the "overhead" of a recompile. The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2021 at 8:16 pm
The example is for a query called by the Customer List page of the web application. It will execute 1000's of times a day.
In that case, please see the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2021 at 3:53 pm
Any interest in your own problem that you posted?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2021 at 3:16 pm
The common name for such a query is a "Catch-All" query and "It Depends" strongly comes into play here. How often will this query be executed?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2021 at 3:07 pm
If you are planning for large amounts of data you might be interested in some 'light' reading:
https://www.itprotoday.com/sql-server/interval-queries-sql-server
Itzik's article is fantastic but I hope that doesn't scare off the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Thanks to all
Adelia,
Don't go yet. I asked you some questions about datatypes that you've not answered yet. If you let me know that the datatypes of the start and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 2, 2021 at 2:14 pm
I'd say it depends on how often you need to show the resolution duration. That's a rather complex calc to do repeatedly..
I have to disagree. If you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2021 at 11:49 pm
Regarding calculated column VS persisted triggered data, I don't have enough knowledge so I would like to read more. I was expecting the indexes to come to play already...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2021 at 11:33 pm
I'd say it depends on how often you need to show the resolution duration. That's a rather complex calc to do repeatedly..
I have to disagree. If you use the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 1, 2021 at 3:31 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,411 through 4,425 (of 59,098 total)