Viewing 15 posts - 4,396 through 4,410 (of 59,098 total)
Understood but that's not my question. To be more clear, you stated that...
I'd rather write components in a project written in C# that yield the results that would be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2021 at 4:02 pm
Thank you. TRY_Convert exist in my version
Now that you have your answer, would you please tell us what your stored procedure is doing? I'm really interested in why bad...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2021 at 3:52 pm
Of course that method does not work with any cross-table constraints on the table, since constraints must be in the same filegroup (IIRC).
Try it and find out that the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2021 at 2:59 pm
Of course that forces the entire table to be rewritten every time. In a typical rebuild, often large parts of the table do not need rewritten because they haven't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 4, 2021 at 2:53 pm
One thing I am disappointed not to be hearing more about is the use of resumable index rebuilds.
I've stopped using reorganize on huge tables where we can't rebuild because...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 10:48 pm
How many megabytes does the database currently have, how many megabytes to you want it to have, how much FREE SPACE is currently available in the data base, and how...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Hi,
I have a stored proc that takes comma separated list , split it and use it to match against table columns.
e.g.
execute spValidationGet '821780031254,821780031250,1473983,1473903,65644'
I need to implement some input validation...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 8:42 pm
Just one more thing... The example above spans 29 months. Is there a good way to separate it out to place three columns for each month within the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 8:37 pm
You added OPTION (RECOMPILE) to the code you posted for this thread. That's what I'm talking about. The OP said the code was being run thousands of times per day.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 8:27 pm
I agree with Aunt-Green but it may require you to add an "EXECUTE AS OWNER" to the stored procedure. "It Depends".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 7:18 pm
I'm not a SSRS expert. I know enough to get myself in trouble. Anyway, if memory serves, I recall seeing somewhere a blog post, maybe a Microsoft documentation article,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 7:16 pm
I have such an issue. I have units, on sale date and also how many weeks the unit is on sale. However, my current formula with DATEDIFF grabs only...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 7:10 pm
Just one more thing... The example above spans 29 months. Is there a good way to separate it out to place three columns for each month within the date...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Phil:
Happy to comply, but I'm not sure I know how to do those things. I will try to figure it out.
Other sites have controls for these things, which I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 7:05 pm
I totally agree that tables scans are bad but adding OPTION(RECOMPILE) to every CATCH-ALL query is a really bad thing. And, you state the truly obvious when you say anything...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 3, 2021 at 6:33 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,396 through 4,410 (of 59,098 total)