Viewing 15 posts - 4,366 through 4,380 (of 59,098 total)
I found an issue in the code you posted. You may try after correcting it.
Assign a length to the NVARCHAR in the following line of your code. If you'll...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2021 at 2:54 am
Did that work for you? "Enquiring minds want to know". 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2021 at 6:37 am
Another possibility is if two files were merged. If (IIRC) a "control Z" character is in the file, that signifies the end of the first file and it may not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2021 at 6:34 am
I wasn't build one file group for each index... it was for one table and it's related indexes but only if those indexes require index maintenance.
You say you have hundreds...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 9, 2021 at 10:07 pm
Jeff Moden wrote:As a bit of a sidebar, wouldn't adding more files add to the problem you spoke of previously?
I'm not sure which specific "problem" you're referring to.
The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 9, 2021 at 6:08 pm
I have a working query within MySQL based on (Managing Hierarchical Data in MySQL - http://mikehillyer.com/articles/managing-hierarchical-data-in-mysql/). The problem I have is that I need to implement the same functionality on another...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2021 at 9:28 pm
I whole-heartedly agree Michael. Collecting data and knowing what to do with it are two very different things.
I'll also state that while extended events can be useful, it's a total...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2021 at 8:52 pm
I want to know stages of testing.
I know this post is half a decade old but, since it was necro'd and bubbled to the surface, I have to ask......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2021 at 8:34 pm
For performance reasons, I wouldn't use a "straight" SELECT from a linked server. Instead, I normally use OPENQUERY as the source for an INSERT INTO.
INSERT INTO...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2021 at 8:20 pm
This should work, I think:
UPDATE t
SET t.CarStatus = '2'
FROM #Test t
INNER JOIN (
SELECT CarID, MIN(Id) AS Id
FROM #Test
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2021 at 8:10 pm
We are setting up Idera SQL DM system to monitor our SQL Server's. So we have availability group setup for the repositories at database level. Looking for option to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2021 at 7:40 pm
These are MySQL forums https://forums.mysql.com/
As a bit of a side bar, I just took a look at that. It's quite extensive but, lordy... try scanning all of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2021 at 7:31 pm
Since the table is an unordered set, the concept of a previous record doesn’t apply in SQL.
That's not actually true but, even if it was, the logical selection...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2021 at 7:26 pm
I was careful to preserve as much of the original code as possible and to document this as well as the original code was. 😉
UPDATE Codes
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Jeff Moden wrote:As a bit of a sidebar, wouldn't adding more files add to the problem you spoke of previously?
I'm not sure which specific "problem" you're referring to.
The one below,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 6, 2021 at 3:12 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,366 through 4,380 (of 59,098 total)