Viewing 15 posts - 3,946 through 3,960 (of 59,098 total)
Unfortunately some of the leaders are saying the dev and design groups are too busy to work much on providing documentation or to concern themselves with the structure of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2022 at 3:34 am
If you use a compressed backup of a single table database, you wouldn't have to worry about zipping anything and you wouldn't have to worry about doing it in "off...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2022 at 3:26 am
Thanks Grant. I presume there are sys tables for jobs and job activity. Not sure if I then do sp_stop_job or KILL process.
If you stop a job and the actual...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2022 at 3:18 am
Another way of doing it is to create a small special purpose, single table database that you write the "export' data to as a real table. Then do a compressed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2022 at 3:11 am
p.s. And, the files will be smaller because INTs will actually only take 4 bytes and dates will only take a maximum of 8 and could be as little as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2022 at 3:08 am
With that thought in mind, I have to ask, why are you messing around with the likes of "CSV" files and PowerShell, etc? It's a simple thing to BCP a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2022 at 3:03 am
You might be just under the 2k limit. For the most part, this shouldn't be anything you notice, although if someone posted to the 2002nd oldest thread, you just...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2022 at 3:00 am
Did the number of rows per day dictate a certain method for export?
It does, indeed and the import, as well. And, just to be sure, this is a pure...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2022 at 2:55 am
et voila .... they already fixed it 🙂
Awesome. I'm impressed.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2022 at 5:25 pm
10,000 of thousands I expect for each of the 3 files...
I'm not sure what that means. I just want to know the total number of rows that the entire...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2022 at 5:22 pm
See the article at the first link in my signature line below. If you were to provide a little readily consumable data as laid out in that article (which is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2022 at 5:21 pm
Ok... despite the fact that I love my Alien-ware that I previously described, I'm finding that ALL laptop keyboards suck. I have had one yet where frequently used keys don't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2022 at 5:16 pm
p.s. As another side bar and just in case it becomes a requirement, remember that anything that the DBAs or others with sufficient privs can affect will NOT stand up...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2022 at 4:44 pm
Thank you Jeff and Grant for your input!
Yes my conceptual model doc will layout keys, uniqueness, relationships, and attribute rules and constraints. Eventually.
I think one question I had is.......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2022 at 4:38 pm
On the subject of BULK INSERT...
As with anything else, "It Depends" but, no, you don't actually have to disable all sorts of constraints to bulk load data into a table...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2022 at 4:10 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,946 through 3,960 (of 59,098 total)