Viewing 15 posts - 3,961 through 3,975 (of 59,098 total)
I think that the cloud has some fantastic capabilities and opportunities. Despite some of my posts, my big concern isn't so much about the cloud, it's about the "shiny new...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2022 at 3:19 am
Thank you. It looks like the Modern_Spanish_CI_AS stored spanish mainly. What we want is still a database mostly stored English, but just for sometimes if users like to display...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2022 at 3:04 am
No the database does not exist. I have a conceptual design doc where i have defined several entities based on the UI designs i have seen. I will be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2022 at 2:45 am
What do you think about schema changes history? How long does it keep the history?
If I recall correctly (and I might not), that's based on the default trace. If...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2022 at 2:07 am
My question is simple... how many rows per day will that normally include?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 8, 2022 at 10:26 pm
What I would like to ask here is if it is faster to perform a lot of INSERTS to repopulate tables, or if it would be better to perform...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 8, 2022 at 9:55 pm
Ah, there you are. The forum had a probem with email notifications that they just fixed in the last 2 days and I couldn't find this thread. I'll go back...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 8, 2022 at 8:58 pm
Just curious... I might have missed it in the now 4 pages of post but how many rows per day are you looking to do this for?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 8, 2022 at 8:52 pm
We are trying to get requirements from the development group who has just started programming. We are creating a spreadsheet to send out to all of the dev groups...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 8, 2022 at 8:33 pm
I'm not opposed to xp_cmdshell, and was wanting the csv files to be pipe(|) delimited. These 3 files will be used in a P/S import process to SQL as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 8, 2022 at 8:24 pm
It started with grouping records by week to see the amount of data, and once I saw that I needed it to break down by day in 8 hour...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 7, 2022 at 8:41 pm
I think the important thing is to reflect on the lessons learned and ask what we would do better with the benefit of hindsight.
... The point is these...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 7, 2022 at 8:20 pm
Heh... wow... this post sure has taken a turn. What ever happened to "Get records by week"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 7, 2022 at 7:44 pm
I'll add to that... look at what you're doing... You're writing T-SQL in PowerShell to do backups? Just write a stored procedure and then you don't have to worry about...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 7, 2022 at 7:39 pm
In fairness, as I mentioned before, these files have been fine for years except for this month but yes we will have to add some more defensive checks to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 7, 2022 at 7:34 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,961 through 3,975 (of 59,098 total)