Viewing 15 posts - 38,791 through 38,805 (of 59,098 total)
In fact, the LIKE's are a "hack" for doing a lookup on space delimited data. If you want this to fly, that space delimited data should probably be normalized....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 1:57 pm
The LIKEs will also kill performance because they have a wwildcard on each side. It's not the temp table that's your problem.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 1:51 pm
Michael Valentine Jones (4/22/2010)
Steve Jones - Editor (4/22/2010)
Or hope we have good backups! :w00t::hehe:Please don't try that Michael. I suspect there are holes in what my devs built
I won't, I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 1:26 pm
John Rowan (4/22/2010)
I'm with Steve here. This is a change management issue. I would develop a process to deliver the SP changes to your client DBs.
I definitely agree...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 1:06 pm
Lowell (4/20/2010)
bagofbirds-767347 (4/20/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 12:07 pm
Jason,
I thought you had it but I just sent you my email address, just to be sure.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 10:23 am
eseosaoregie (4/22/2010)
'[Spreadsheet Extractor Big Block Allocs --...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 9:48 am
Ah... almost forgot... I also need to know how many rows are in the staging table that you've been testing with and how long the split runs have been.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 6:42 am
bc_ (4/21/2010)
try:
comp_column IN ('mon ','tue ','wed ','thu ','fri ','sat ','sun ')
Why? comp_column only contains 3 characters according to the OP's posted code.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 6:40 am
eseosaoregie (4/21/2010)
---tables
CREATE TABLE [stg_LogFiles] (
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 6:30 am
Heh... move your chair into his cube and tell him you'll leave when he's taught you to know as much as him. Be sure to let your deoderant fail....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 4:35 pm
kabaari (4/21/2010)
Thanks. Not sure if posting data would apply in this situation. But, I posted data in the past and ended up with people responding with how valuable their time...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 4:30 pm
eseosaoregie (4/21/2010)
---index
CREATE
INDEX [IX_FirstFour] ON stg_LogFiles ([Firstfour])
WITH
DROP_EXISTING
ON [PRIMARY]
---tables
CREATE TABLE [stg_LogFiles] (
[LineRead] [varchar] (100) COLLATE Latin1_General_CI_AS NULL ,
[Importeddate] [datetime] NULL CONSTRAINT [DF__stg_LogFi__Impor__5441852A] DEFAULT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 4:26 pm
Trybbe (4/21/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 4:20 pm
My recommendation is to never import directly from any source even if you're the one that built the source... it's an invitation for disaster. Import the data into a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 4:17 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,791 through 38,805 (of 59,098 total)