Viewing 15 posts - 38,806 through 38,820 (of 59,098 total)
Dan Fran (4/21/2010)
I am curious to know if there is a way to determine the size of a specific row/record in a given table. I know that sqlserver only...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 4:11 pm
Lynn Pettis (4/21/2010)
Toby White (4/21/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 4:08 pm
Elliott W (4/21/2010)
bagofbirds-767347 (4/21/2010)
The rest of you - to answer the main question: i do have a handfull of databases...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 3:54 pm
Lowell (4/20/2010)
i believe if you mark the proc as a system proc, it will do the automagical [currentdbcontext].[dbo].[tablename], instead of looking for the ].[tablename] in master;
EXECUTE sp_ms_marksystemobject 'sp_test'
Heh... I'll be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 3:52 pm
Ninja's_RGR'us (4/21/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 3:42 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (4/21/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 2:54 pm
Grant Fritchey (4/21/2010)
So in summary, Oracle Sucks!Thanks for that important safety tip Jeff.
Heh... I'll probably get slammed by the folks that like Oracle (not slamming them, though), but I worked...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 1:24 pm
Grant Fritchey (4/21/2010)
Trey Staker (4/21/2010)
Roy Ernest (4/21/2010)
GabyYYZ (4/21/2010)
Please tell me THIS doesn't happen a lot...*groan*.I hope it is just a joke....
I doubt it's a joke. I've seen stuff like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 11:26 am
Tom.Thomson (4/20/2010)
Jeff Moden (4/20/2010)
Hmmmm... I'd really be interested in the translation for "If you want it real bad, you'll usually get it that way."
The pun on "bad" doesn't really work...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 11:21 am
Trey Staker (4/21/2010)
Hibernate
Heh.... performance problem. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2010 at 11:16 am
huston.dunlap (4/20/2010)
Then I can implement...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2010 at 8:51 pm
COldCoffee (4/20/2010)
Jeff, you really are a wonderful character.. and for paul and karthik, thanks for providing new views and test results.. u guys are simply great.. thanks all 🙂
Shucks. :blush:...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2010 at 8:46 pm
Paul White NZ (4/20/2010)
pYak (4/20/2010)
are there any particular cases that you can think of where using the PIVOT operator would be more appropriate?
Not really, no. The PIVOT is shorthand...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2010 at 8:41 pm
Bill,
Yeah, at this point, we need some more information. Please post the code for the split function you're actually using so we can check it for errors, the table...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2010 at 8:25 pm
dma-669038 (4/20/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2010 at 2:32 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,806 through 38,820 (of 59,098 total)