Viewing 15 posts - 38,776 through 38,790 (of 59,098 total)
Roy Ernest (4/23/2010)
Paul White NZ (4/22/2010)
Adam Machanic (4/22/2010)
I'm convinced that it's a cultural thing. Apparently in Indian culture it's okay to copy someone else's work.
I have heard this before too....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 1:24 pm
Lynn Pettis (4/23/2010)
CirquedeSQLeil (4/23/2010)
Lynn Pettis (4/23/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 1:00 pm
Wow... sorry about that, folks. I really lost track of this post.
Simon, after only 5 months of delay :blush:, do you still need any help on this?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 12:58 pm
eseosaoregie (4/23/2010)
Just ran this at work on some of the data and it the first CTE failed because it could convert the string type to datetime.
After running some queries...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 12:55 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (4/22/2010)
Hey! someone agrees with me 🙂Replication can work well for you. Consider that.
Heh... I almost always agree with you... I just hate to admit it... 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 9:16 am
Dan.Humphries (4/22/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 9:14 am
Let's try this again...
Here's the test harness I used... make sure you read the comments because it builds 17 million test rows in something less than 10 minutes...
-- WARNING... USE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 8:35 pm
{edit} Just noticed a boo-boo... had to take the code I posted down. I'll be back soon.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 8:07 pm
Seems to me that a simple UPDATE with a join would do the trick and that's covered extensively in Books Online.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 3:28 pm
I don't believe there's a limit on OPENROWSET. More likely, there's some error in the data especially if the data is actually coming from a file.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 3:25 pm
Terry Mott (4/22/2010)
A built-in date truncation function to strip the time portion from a datetime value.
I guess this is not so big an issue anymore, as you can now...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 3:20 pm
Here's an example of why I say it's not the 20 million rows nor TempDB that's the problem. The following code generates 20 million orws of ID's just like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 3:12 pm
Dan.Humphries (4/22/2010)
How would writing 20 Million rows to a temp table not be part of the problem even with the for-mentioned query problems. I would be very surprised...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 2:41 pm
A couple of other folks and I recently discovered a possible problem with the IDENTITY function when used with SELECT/INTO in the form of explosive log file growth even with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 2:15 pm
I wish they'd actually stop listening to most customers. Asking for things like enhancements to cursors just don't make sense to me. If they made things like PIVOT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2010 at 2:03 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,776 through 38,790 (of 59,098 total)