Centrally located stored procs?

• I'm with Steve here. This is a change management issue. I would develop a process to deliver the SP changes to your client DBs.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• John Rowan (4/22/2010)

I'm with Steve here. This is a change management issue. I would develop a process to deliver the SP changes to your client DBs.

I definitely agree with that as well as the flexible customizations that would allow... there are some utitilies that this would be nice for, though... and I believe that synonyms work just fine for those.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Hey! someone agrees with me 🙂

Replication can work well for you. Consider that.

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/22/2010)

Hey! someone agrees with me 🙂

Replication can work well for you. Consider that.

Heh... I almost always agree with you... I just hate to admit it... 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Hi all. just wanted to let everyone know i've stored all my procs in a central db and have set up replication to keep all the other dbs in sync. it's working quite well. Thanks for all the help here.

• btw - it seem that when i make a change to a proc, then his 'Reinitialize all Subscriptions' (and tell it to use a new snapshot) to sync up all the other dbs, it is replicating ALL the procs, not just the one i changed. And it takes a while. There must be a way to get replication to only publish the changed proc. i've been searching for a way to do this but can't find one. Anyone know???

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply