Viewing 15 posts - 38,761 through 38,775 (of 59,098 total)
Barkingdog (4/23/2010)
TIA,
Barkingdog
CREATE TABLE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 7:40 pm
mugahjoseph (4/23/2010)
I have a column in a table that I have stored in the format;
--/---/--/--
e.g 01/345/76/98
But I need to change it to the format;
--/---/---/--
e.g 01/345/076/98, this is to say,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 7:35 pm
trivedi.nikesh (4/23/2010)
I am heartily thankful to you. I will apply your suggested measures.
Please correct me if I am wrong
Reason behind Query is not performing good due to (in case...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 7:21 pm
malavika.ramanathan (4/23/2010)
I have a DURATION column in one of my tables which is in nvarchar.
that column shows the duration alloted to a praticular task.
The data we get...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 7:18 pm
Bhuvnesh (4/23/2010)
Also check ANSI_NULL and ANSI_PADDING settings on both databases ?
Spot on.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 7:13 pm
ramirez.sebastian (4/23/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 7:11 pm
I believe that OPENROWSET may solve the problem you're having.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 7:08 pm
iruagawal (4/23/2010)
Thanks Stewart, thanks Paul. Wow Paul, I am speechless. What a solution. Never worked with grouping sets before. Thanks for the introduction.
Now what you need to do is lookup...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 6:58 pm
Also, is there a chance that WWW and WWW1 are actually views. Depending on the content of those views, that could really gum up the works, as well.
Last but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 6:47 pm
mswart-971998 (4/23/2010)
I am having trouble changing this SQL to get my desired results.
I am somewhat new to SQL and this command is one borrowed from an existing report.
The way it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 6:40 pm
Heh... at least try to answer your own interview/homework questions. Look it up in Books Online. If you don't know what Books Online is, it's the free "help"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 6:34 pm
You can do this using OPENROWSET. Take a look at Books Online.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 6:29 pm
mlocatelli (4/23/2010)
I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this one. I'm making some major structure changes to a table, mostly to dump data I don't need in it. Here...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 6:27 pm
J Vanderhorst (4/23/2010)
Thanks. That will probably work for around 50% of my clients. For the others that do not have multiple processors, do you have any other suggestions?
Yes......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 6:26 pm
keyun (4/23/2010)
Here is the data i...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2010 at 6:14 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 38,761 through 38,775 (of 59,098 total)