Viewing 15 posts - 3,841 through 3,855 (of 59,098 total)
I have a fellow that's trying to resolve some performance issues in a HierarchyID-based table. I just don't use HierarchyID because I've found or made better ways to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2022 at 11:20 pm
@shree23 ,
Thank you for trying but you posted no image of expected results like your post says you did and I know for sure that you didn't even try your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2022 at 7:53 pm
I have a fellow that's trying to resolve some performance issues in a HierarchyID-based table. I just don't use HierarchyID because I've found or made better ways to work with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2022 at 3:25 am
I wonder if there might be some kind of workaround here.. Could I temporary transform the data (quickly obviously) in some way that makes calculations faster?
I doubt some recursive...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2022 at 3:12 am
I think you’ve pretty much hit the nail on the head, Steve. My perception (which could be incorrect so correct me if I'm wrong) of what you said is that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 5, 2022 at 2:45 am
I still don't get your insistence on the guid being so always great as the clustering key for a table.
As a stand-alone table, maybe, IF all the rows inserted...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2022 at 10:22 pm
Awesome! Thank you for the feedback. No need to reply to my question about code on StackOverFlow. I just found out they deleted a super important post that leads to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2022 at 9:12 pm
I used powershell to create a script that prepares the files for bulk insert. it ensures that the columns match with the destination table. works beautifully.
You mean...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2022 at 8:41 pm
There's no place with long term historical lock information that I know of (unless you've kept every transaction log backup). You can, however, start to collect current lock information. One...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2022 at 8:16 pm
It would be helpful if you posted the CREATE TABLE statement for the table that contains the data and any rows where the code you've used isn't working. And, to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2022 at 7:28 pm
If the absence of locking errors is evidence, then perhaps just going through the SQL Error logs from before the change and after the change would be what you need.
The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2022 at 7:09 pm
Duplicates involves all columns. I would like to add an index column to identify each row.
If that's the case, then perhaps create a persisted computed consisting of a formula...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2022 at 6:24 pm
First i would like to able to have an unique identifier. Is the unique index the way to go?
Would you answer my question about the dupes, please? And, if...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2022 at 4:58 pm
Sure. Your join condition is as follows...
ON nr.AcceptedValuesOptionID = m.ShelfLifeConditin
Do you have indexes on both of those columns? Probably not especially since one of the tables is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2022 at 12:02 am
Just to be sure, you didn't upset anyone. I'm just amazed that people don't do more on their posts to help others actually know enough to help them. For future...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,841 through 3,855 (of 59,098 total)